Goodbyes

Adrien smiled to himself on the roofs of Paris. He had at last gotten away from the maids at home, and a surprisingly filled day with his father. They played a bit of golf and ate dinner closer to each other rather that ten feet apart. Modeling was pushed off and he had said his farewells. Nino was excited and amazed during their skype call. Chloe clung onto him yesterday when he reluctantly agreed to shop for an hour. Marinette gave him her best cookies, which he devoured during his loses against her.

There was only one thing left to do. "Ladybug, I'm leaving."

Her feet that had been swaying stopped. She looked at him and studied his face. "Does this mean—"

"Yes," he answered gleefully.

Her face bloomed into a grin. She stood up and jumped onto him in order to tackle a hug. "I can't believe you got accepted! This is such a great opportunity! Columbia hardly accepts anyone!"

"It took a lot of studying I'll admit," he sighed. "Going to New York will be rough."

Her mouth dropped in awe. "You're going to the states?!" She embraced him into a hug once more. "That's amazing! My goodness! You need to send me some photos whenever you get the chance!"

They laughed.

"So, I guess I should say goodbye."

Ladybug finally frowned. She stared at him, still gripping his shoulders from their hug. He smiled down on her. She stepped back, getting a good eye of him and his figure. He was taller than when they first met, thin but with a layer of muscles, acid eyes bright and calculating. Her eyes began to well in realization. Her partner, since middle school, through high school, was leaving they worked to gather protection Paris for six years. He was smiling at her, smiling as though . . . He might not come back. Without a second thought, Ladybug curled her arms around him and nuzzled her face into his shoulder.

Shocked, Chat held her and stroked her midnight hair. "M-my Lady?"

"Stupid cat," she mumbled. "You better call me and make sure to tell me you're okay, and update me on your studies and. . . And. . . "

He chuckled. "All right, mom."

She smacked his shoulder and he gave a small ow in response. "Don't say good bye. Promise you'll come and visit during the summertime or whenever you can."

He held her close and sighed. "Of course. I would never abandon my Lady." Neither of them moved for a while, and stood in silence. Chat's chin was atop her head and frowned. "Can we . . . know each other's . . . "

He felt her stiffen and freeze up then slowly relax again. "It won't hurt," she admitted softly. "With Papillon gone for good, Paris at peace, and all. It . . . It won't hurt."

"It won't," Chat confirmed. He held her chin up as he let Plagg release himself. Ladybug's mouth parted, but she couldn't speak. Not to Adrien. "It's not that bad, is it?"

Her kwami released the lady-hero's transformation as well, leaving a shook led Marinette in his arms. He smiled at her. Her mind finally restored and her tears passed the water gate, falling down her face as she sobbed. "You idiot!" she yelled. "Saying goodbye is harder than you think!"

"Hey, Marinette. It's fine. I'll visit and I'll call and I can—"

She pounded on his chest. "But you won't be here. You never told me you were leaving or that you even applied abroad. I thought we were just playing some more video games so I can crush you at them."

He frowned, horrified at the fact he didn't tell her out of everyone else. He couldn't form the words to then, and his lips were tight and his chest pounded at the difficulty at now. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't figure out how to say it. I think I got distracted with the cookies."

She crossed her arms and stepped back from him. "Well then. Now I know what not to do whenever you come over."

"No! Marinette, don't hide the sweets! I'll do anything!" he cried. She didn't budge, facing away from him as not to speak. He poured. "That means I'll have to do one of two thing," he muttered in his darkish tone. She raised a sceptical eyebrow. "Tickle you or steal you." He wrapped his arms around her, fingers pressing against her sides threateningly.

"No! Adrien! Stop! Hahahaha! Stop it! HHa! I-it's not going— hahaha—going to work!" She laughed while he smirked in victory.

"Does that mean I can bring you to make me some sweets?" He asked.

She tried to suppress a smile. "I applied and got accepted to a different college, Chaton." He frowned at her. "I even got an internship with Gabriel Agreste!"

He pouted, looking out towards his house, staring holes into what ever wall was his father's. (Inside the mansion, Gabriel's eyes opened with and a shiver went up his spine.)