Someone Else Purrt 4

Adrien had de-transformed the moment he shut the door. He waited for when Nella would come in and say that his Lady was calm. He hated how he couldn't avoid the truth, especially in front of her big blue eyes. It pained him seeing how upset she was.

But he wasn't in the wrong, was he? He couldn't have told her someone knew his identity. He couldn't say that and try to tell her that it would be fine because Nella couldn't even speak properly at the time. They— all four of them— had barely even known each other then.

She was the infamous Ladybug and clearly had rules. He broke one of her rules before he could even make the right impression on her. If he said, "hey, someone saw my face, but it's okay 'cause it's a quirky foreigner, and had to take off my jacket to fix it and her brother bounded a wound I carelessly got and am bound to get again,"
She would've have left him then and there, and maybe even find a reason to not trust him. That was the last thing he wanted. He couldn't stand the thought.

He slid down against the door and sat helplessly on the ground. He could have told her, when they began to trust each other, when they did trust each other. If he had told her then, even introduced them properly, perhaps she wouldn't be angry or upset or at least not as much as during their argument moments ago. Maybe she wouldn't even mind, and possibly reveal herself — ask him to reveal himself.

It was too much of a hope. That wouldn't happen. But it wouldn't be too big of a problem as of now. Maybe even a convenance. Perhaps Nella and Ladybug could be friends.

He was in the wrong, wasn't he? He messed up so bad.

"Hey, kid. Why the heck are you moping?" Plagg asked. Adrien didn't answer. "You know that doing nothing won't fix anything, right? Straighten yourself out! This isn't like you!"

He breathed out heavily. "What if she leaves...?" He murmured. The kwami gave a questioning look. "What if... She leaves because she can't trust me? What if ... What if she doesn't want to see me again...? What am I going to do if she leaves..?"

The black cat creature frowned and narrowed his eyes. "Stop," he ordered. The young boy looked up from the harsh words. "Stop moping, worrying, and doubting. Akuma form mostly from anger, but such trauma can also cause an attack if strong enough. And you're getting worse by the second."

The boy was silenced. "But, what if she hates me? What if I broke her trust and she doesn't want me as her partner and—"

"Now is not the time for your stupid abandonment issues, kid! We need a hero— Chat Noir! I'm not about to have you fall apart over something so petty as not saying something!"

Adrien's eyes were wide. He had never heard the small black cat get so angry.

"Papillon has framed you and Ladybug for murder. He has framed your Lady for killing an Akuma victim, and we need to clear your names. We can't have drama between you two now. If anything we need trust to be stronger than anything. Hiding won't be an option for long. The sooner this is fixed, the sooner we all can go back to how things were."

•••

Morning came slowly. Marinette and Adrien were both asleep. Although, Nella switched their sleeping places when they were half conscious. She knew Andrey would beat himself up if his girlf— good friend was sleeping on the couch while he was on a bed. He was now sleeping on the floor of the guest room with a mountain of pillows because of a certain collage student.

Sasha was cooking a meal before he had to leave for his classes. Nella was with him, reading a book. She hadn't awoken the uninvited-guests yet for the food.

"Tell me again, why couldn't I sleep well?" He asked sourly. "I'm going to slack off because of that stray cat and his part-time lover."

"Chat Noir и(and) Ladybug," she corrected with a dazed hum. He only gave her a look that wanted her to give him a simple answer. "They were in trouble with an attack and the town is angry and needed a place to lay low."

Her older brother groaned. "And they couldn't hide as their normal selves and not turn 'superhero' until after it all blows over?"

Nella gave a skeptical glare. "The entire Paris police force was looking for them, they had no where safe to take off their masks." The collage student only scoffed. "Besides. He trusts us. And he's like family now, no point in denying that."

He continued to flip the pancakes. He breathed out heavily and called out. "Andrey! Get off your lazy cat a** and eat some d*mn food!"

"You too, Mariya!" Nella added. Her brother gave her a look.

"Did you at least figure out how to force them to make up, so this won't be elongated?"

Nella smiled behind a small pancake, that somehow led to her laughing at her brother' serious face. She only took a bite and giggled uncontrollably. Her brother kindly readied some milk before she could choke herself.

•••

Adrien slowly woke up to Plagg's soft snores. He blinked a bit and rubbed his face roughly as he recalled last night. Akuma, cops, running, Nella, Sasha, fighting with Ladybug, sleep. What happened again? How did he get on the pillows? Such ... Soft... Pillows...

"Andrey! Get off your lazy cat a** and eat some d*mn food!" Andrey slowly got up from the Russian's command. Food sounded good.

"You too, Mariya!" He froze. He didn't know any girl my that name. He knew Mari, but that was Marinette's pet name from her friend, Alya. Maybe Ladybug told her identity to Nelliya and she came up with a nickname like she did for Chat Noir.

He heard a moan above him. Soon enough, Adrien was still and saw that he was on the floor over a layer of pillows and a blanket. His eyes widened, then narrowed. Never had he felt more like a cat.

He shot up to walk out and accuse Sasha for such awful hospitality, when he saw something move in the bed by him. His eyes couldn't completely register what he saw.

"M-mari-Marinette...." He murmured helplessly.

The one girl he hoped would never have to get involved with such violence, was one the bed, holding what could only be a pink kwami. His heart stopped when he saw her slowly awake.

•••