Kiss 001

Au: No miraculous, Marinette's Crush is more mild when it comes to Adrien.

"If you can't get Marinette to love you by 100 tiny kisses, then something is wrong with you."

Adrien stared at the athlete in utter shock. "Wh-what?!"

Nonchalant, Kim crossed his arms and held up his chin. "I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but Marinette loves everybody and everybody loves Marinette."

"But I'm a part of everybody," whined the model.

Kim shook his head in dismay. "You don't get it. Marinette can talk confidently to everyone cause she knows how they feel. You, my friend, are the exception. Which is why she stutters and babbles a lot."

The newcomer stared at his new-found friend. His eyebrow raised in many questions forming in his head. Was that true? Was she always like that to everyone before she knew them? "But why 100 kisses?" He asked.

The boy smirked and waved a finger at him. "You can try to become friends with her in another way, but this is a bet. And since you're a freaking model without a girlfriend, I am seriously questioning your potential for the upcoming future."

"What potential?" Adrien asked, almost in awe.

Kim only shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe you ability to actually get Mari to be your friend. I mean, look how she treats those who couldn't get on her good side." Adrien followed his friends finger to Chloe who was crossing her arms and yelling. Marinette's figure looked calm but her eyes raged.

"If you don't like what I'm designing for our schools talent show, then you don't have to come. It would be nicer if you didn't anyway," she growled.

Adrien gulped. He would never want to be thought of as a Chloe. "You're on."

"Nice!" Exclaimed the athlete. "Oh, and one more thing. . ."

---

1

Adrien rubbed his neck, anxious. She was just staring at the boy, face red and eyes turned to sausages. He still held her hand since she was yet to take it back from him. "Um. . . I hope you don't mind me asking to see you after class for that . . . M—my lady!" He gave her a shaky smile and worried eyebrows through the pouring rain outside.

Snapping out of an enchantment, she pulled back her hand and pushed him back by his nose. "Wh-what was that for?" She asked.

"W-well, you look a lot like a lady and I thought it was only right to treat you like one," he answered dumbly. He frowned and scolded himself for not thinking of a proper excuse ahead of time.

She giggled at him. "Does that make you my shining knight it armor?"

He laughed with her; his voice and body began to relax. "I guess that does, doesn't it?" She chuckled, even covering her lips a bit. He beamed. Once the pleasantries were dealt with, Adrien gave her a softer smile. "I really am sorry about Chloe. She was my only friend as a kid, so I know she may not be the best reference, but I don't want to be judged me by who I know. Unless they're someone I want to be close to." She stared at him, staying quiet and letting him finish. "What I'm trying to say is, I'm not like Chloe and I wouldn't do something terrible like putting gum on your seat. I'm sorry."

Marinette blushed at his confession and nodded. "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions." She smiled gently. "You are my knight after all."

He smirked and held out his umbrella. "Then, Princess. If I may." She giggled at her second nickname and took his gift. "See you tomorrow!" He called out.

"S-see you," she laughed after him.

The boy couldn't control himself upon leaving the steps. His face was stuck as a smile even though he knew he had more work to complete at home and at work. Yet, he couldn't help but beam like the sun.

Next to him, Natalie raised an eyebrow from the schedule. "Did your second day really go better than your first?" He gave her a confused glance. "Yesterday you were only smiling, but now . . . " Adrien's face began to frown as she scrolled on her pad. "Was that girl your girlfriend?" She asked.

The boy blushed immediately and stuttered out an explanation. "I-I-I I'm not dating anyone! She's just a friend!"

She raised a brow at him. "And kissing her hand is what friends do at this school?"

"W-well," he looked around him, his red face still beating. "Maybe?" He couldn't admit it being a bet, Kim's sneering smirk still set his mind to stay silent.

"Should I have you moved to another school? If anyone is bothering you, you know you can tell me and your father—"

"No!" Adrien cried. Natalie was startled and looked at him with a mix of confusion and worry. "This school is fine. Everyone is nice. Even Chloe attends." The familiar name let the employee relax.

"Besides, she didn't mind the kiss," he thought to himself proudly.