Panic Attack

I've seen a lot of stories where they depict Adrien with anxiety and panic attacks, but not many of them actually describe what it feels like for him.

Having some exp. in that skill set, I've decided to describe what it might be like if he did have one. It's mainly based on an attack I had at random over a mondaine project at school, but it fights here.

So yeah . . .

++++

Adrien's mind was racing. He felt his heart join in on the action as he thought of the upcoming shot. He had been steady for the most part and his day was coming to a close. However, he kept thinking of it. And not of it. He could stumble or fall. Or smile awkwardly. He shook himself as he continued to shake. No. He had practiced a ton of times in other shots. It wasn't like he was on the runway. No. His father kept him off runways since his last fumble.

Then why was he overthinking it, and pacing with his heart racing and his mouth chewing his fingers? Why did he feel like he was going to fail and disappoint his father and have his privileges taken away? Why did he feel like once he stepped out of the dressing room, he wouldn't be able to face the camera with his classic smile?

His breathing picked up as his pace became brisk. He needed to calm down. He needed to get the rush out of his chest. He wanted to scream and tear his hair out. He walked back and forth like a caged animal before sitting with crossed legs. The energy in his legs came to his arms and not knowing what to do with them, he covered his head and held onto his hair, just to do something. He bit his lip as his chest filled up with nothing and everything that threatened to scream at a void and the whole world. The nothing and everything filled his head and he couldn't do anything but feel his throat clog and choke up.

Before he knew what was happening he was crying, and not one had his breath calmed. He tried to stop by covering his mouth and nose, but it wasn't working. He grained in frustration and tore at his hair. He let out a repressed scream and tightened himself into a ball, anger filling him faster than a lightning bolt.

He didn't hear his stylist come in and he didn't feel her run this back. She hugged the poor boy as best she could.

"Listen to me, Adien. It's nothing to be scared of. You've got this. In and out. Good." she said as she rubbed circles. "Hey. Look up, Adrien. I want you to just tell me this, what do you see right now, hey? Just lost me a few things."

The boy gripped his pants as he looked around. "I see the door." he said through his raw voice. "And my hands. I see the floor and you and my shoes."

"That's good," she said, rubbing his back. "Can you tell me what you hear and feel right now?"

"I hear you and me taking. And I hear the traffic outside." he said through small tears.

She hummed and nodded for him to continue.

"I hear the cameraman talk about his spaghetti and I feel you rubbing my back." he went on, "and I feel tears all over my face and myself curled in a stood ball."

She shushed him and hugged his shoulders. "What do you smell right now?"

"I . . . I smell your perfume and these new clothes I was laying have to wear."

"And what do you taste?" she asked after pressing gum to his lips. He took the sweet stick into his mouth and chewed for a bit.

"Mint," he moaned happily. She smiled and rubbed his back a bit. He sniffed and felt his throat clog a bit before loosening up for good. He felt the rush in his chest, but his breath felt regulate. "Thanks." he said.

She smiled. "You're welcome. If anything like this happens again, just try and do what we did now, okay?" He looked up curious as ever. "Five things you see, four things you hear, the things you feel, to things you smell, one thing you taste." She offered a tissue and rubbed his salted face. "This sort of thing happened to me a bit in school when I was your age. Some people can handle pressure and everything, but then there are those like us."

"Where we cry over everything?" Adrien asked bitterly.

"No," she said. "Those who can't do everything, that or have a psychological Disorder. The point is, don't expect yourself to handle everything, but don't think you're the weakest person in the world."

He smiled at her. He leaned into the lady and hugged her for a moment. She petted his hair as they sat for a moment. "Don't say that to my dad, please."

She nodded against his head. "I think I'd lose my job if I mentioned something might be wrong with Gabriel's perfectly raised angel." They laughed for a second. "Don't worry, I won't say anything. Chin up. Once you're off the shoot, I'll sneak you in a croissant."

He couldn't say no to that.