3.

I walk up to the apartment door and hold my hand up, ready to knock.
It feels like I'm in a movie. The girl thinking about whether she should knock on the door or not. Knowing that it may change her life.
I bring my hand down on the door and knock on it once, twice, three times.
A few seconds later I hear the lock click and the door swings open.
Revealing him.
The ginger.
The guy in the pictures.
The guy in the videos.
The guy I was kissing.
The guy I was hugging.
The guy I was smiling with.
The guy I was goofing off with.
But his eyes look dull.
His hair is messy.
I look up at him.
He's taller than he looked in the photos.
"Cass-" he whispers, his eyes widening slightly.
I don't question how he knows my name.
"Hey.." I say softly.
"Uh- you want to come in and sit down..?" He asks softly.
"Sure," I say and he smiles a bit then steps aside.
I walk in and look around then go over to the couch and slowly sit down.
He comes up beside me and sits down on the opposite side of the couch.
"Max.." I whisper.
He raises his eyebrows a bit. "You see the videos?" He asks softly.
I nod a bit and look at my hands for a couple of seconds then look back up at him.
"I uh.. Who.. Who were you.. To me, I mean. You know.. Before the surgery." I whisper.
He pauses a bit. It looks like his heart just broke even more.
"I uh.." He sighs and looks away.
"I was your boyfriend." He whispers.
I blank for a moment before opening my mouth in a soft oh.
He nods a bit and looks down at his hands.
"Max," I say softly.
He looks up at me.
"Can you tell me the stuff you know about me?" I ask softly.
"Yeah.. Uh.. Your birthday is in July. Two months from now. You used to be bullied.. All the time in Louisiana. I stood up for you one day. And you and I became best friends."

-

Max tells me the whole story of us. Of how we met. How we became best friends. How he would always come to comfort me. When he left to Bellevue. When we met again. When I moved up here. When we became boyfriend and girlfriend.
At this point, my knees are pulled to my chest, and I'm listening intently to what Max is saying.
"And.. The people at the office are some of your best friends." Max says, looking over at me.
I blink a couple of times and nod slowly.
"Max.. If you are who you say you are.. I promise. I'll try my best to remember. From what I've heard, you seem like one of those people nobody wants to lose. 
He smiles a bit and slowly scoots over to me.
"Uh.. Can I..?" He whispers.
I nod and he gently wraps his arms around me.
"I know that you don't remember.. But Cass. I need you to remember. I love you more than you'll understand in a long time." Max says softly.
I smile and hug him back, resting my head on his shoulder. "I promise. I'll try my hardest to remember." I whisper and lean back a bit, glancing down at his lips for less than a second.
I feel him slowly leaning in and I open my mouth slightly, my eyelids slowly closing on their own, and a few seconds later, I feel a pair of lips on mine.
I know it's not my first kiss. But since I don't remember my first kiss, it feels like it is. Sparks are going of in my mind. Butterflies fluttering in my chest.
After a few seconds, Max pulls away and I open my eyes, running my tongue over my lower lip a bit before smiling.
I hug him and close my eyes then sigh softly.
"Max?" I whisper.
"Hm?" He asks, wrapping his arms around me as well.
"How long have we been a couple?"
"Nine or so months." He whispers.
"How old are you..?" I whisper.
"21."
"Then isn't it.."
"No. It's not exactly legal. But who cares about the law when we're in love?" He asks, smiling.
I smile a bit and sigh.
"True.. I uh.. I should et going." I say and pull away then smile a bit.
"Okay.. See you tomorrow?"
I stand up and walk to the door and look back at him.
"Definitely." I say then slip out the door.

Max

She leaves and I immediately get up then go to the bedroom.
I pull open a drawer and pull a little black box out and slowly open it, revealing a ring with a little gem attached to it.
I stare at the clear gemstone, my eyes fixated on the promise ring.
I was going to propose to her on her birthday. We would have been together for nine months by then. A month or less of wedding planning.
I close the box and slowly put it away and sigh. Now I have to wait a bit longer..

---

Triple update (what?!) :D hope you guys liked this chapter <3