29.

Max grabs my hand before I get the chance to get out of the car and presses his lips against my wrist.
"Don't let their words get to you, 'Kay?" He asks softly.
I stare at him for a few seconds before I nod and smile. "Of course." I whisper.
He smiles. "Good. I'll pick you up after school." He says and releases my hand slowly.
I nod and smile. "Alright. Love you," I say and get out of the car then trot up the steps and walk into the doors.
Immediately a few girls look over at me and wrinkle their noses.
"What is she doing here?" I hear someone say.
I ignore her and turn then walk to my locker.
Not today. Definitely not.
I grab my stuff from the locker then walk over to the classroom and go in.
"Cass!" Jax calls over to me and quickly gets up from his seat.
I freeze and my eyes widen. "Did- did you guys see it too?" I stutter a bit.
"Almost everyone has seen it. You alright?" He asks, raising his eyebrows.
I decide not to tell him about my arm. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, you know, for worrying." I say softly and smile a bit to make my lie seem more realistic.
He smiles a bit. "Good. Hey," I tune him out as soon as I see Andrea walk in through the door.
She spots me and plasters a fake smile on her face, which I quickly return. Fake.
"Cass are you even listening?" Jax waves his hand in front of my face and I jump a bit.
"What? Oh.. Sorry, heh.. I.. I honestly wasn't." I say and look down, shrugging a bit.
He laughs a bit and scruffs up my hair a bit.
"It's alright. Come on, let's go sit down," Jax says and walks up to the table we sit at.
I can't stop looking at Andrea through the whole class period. She has some sort of hostile vibe coming off of her, but it doesn't seem like any of the guys notice.
After class, everyone, including the teacher leaves, until it's just Andrea and I.
I slowly move, as if she's the predator and I'm the prey. If I make any subtle movements, I'm dead.
"Listen, Cass." She approaches me, her face gaining a hostile expression. "Max is going to be mine. Whether you want him to or not. I don't care if he's your fiancé. I'm going to find some way to make him love me instead of you."
"Oh? Good luck with that. I was his best friend since he was in Louisiana. We met in high school. And I highly doubt that he'd like someone treating his fiancé in this way." I say and turn then grab the door handle.
"Whatever. He'll end up loving me anyways and leave you. Anyways. I am much prettier and I have much longer hair. Who wants to marry someone that has that short of hair?"
That stings. But I ignore it and just walk through the door.
I rush to my next class, getting away from her as fast as possible.
But what if she's right?

-

I walk up to Max' car and smile then get in.
"Hey, Max." I say and give him a quick peck on the lips.
"Hey. Was today better than yesterday?" He asks, raising his eyebrows a bit.
"Yeah," that wasn't a lie. Sort of. Was it?
I turn and look out my window just as soon as Andrea walks out the doors.
All of the blood drains from my face. Lie. Definitely a lie.
"Can we go now??" I ask and look over at Max.
"Yeah," he says and smiles then starts the car and starts driving off.
I turn and look out my window. Another day done.
I take a deep breath and rest my head on the window, watching my breath fog up the glass.
I'll make the most of the rest of the day. Or I'll at least try.
"Max?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows slightly.
"Hm?" He hums.
"Isn't the office..?" I point over my shoulder and look at him.
He smiles a bit. "Have the day off."
"Oh- cool," I say, smiling a bit.
We drive by a few more streets and I stare out at the horizon where the space needle is standing up tall.
I smile a bit. I personally have never been in the space needle but I really want to someday. (I've actually been in the space needle before. It's a really gorgeous restaurant and the view is amazing.)
Max pulls into the parking lot and parks.
I get out of the car and grab my bag and phone then run into the complex and go into the elevator.
"We've got the apartment to ourselves until 9pm tonight." Max says as he walks into the elevator a few seconds later after I do.
I nod and look up at him then smile a bit.
When the elevator finally stops, I walk out and run down the hall to the apartment room.
I wait at the door and squeak when Max picks me up and hangs me over his shoulder.
I quickly hide my face in my hands and giggle when he carries me into the apartment and flops me on the couch.
I shove my bag off and reach up to Max, pouting a bit. "Murx,"
He looks over at me and smiles. "You haven't called me that in a while," he says and walks over to me.
I giggle a bit and smile. "I know," I say and a few seconds later, Max picks me up bridal style, taking me by surprise.
I quickly wrap my arms around his shoulders and hide my face in his shoulder as he carries me to his bedroom.
I feel him gently set me on the bed and lay beside me then kiss me gently.
I smile and gently run a hand through his hair, slowly pulling him towards me.
He gently takes the sides of my face and kisses down my jawline gently, then gently sucks on the spot just below my jawline.
I draw in a sharp breath, immediately realizing he's going to give me a hickey.
All tension leaves my body when he gently kisses the tender spot on my neck.
I smile a bit and feel him roll up the sleeve that's hiding my cuts and gently kisses up my arm, kissing along the little cuts.
I watch and sigh softly.
Max looks at me. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" He asks, a slightly worried expression on his face.
I shake my head. "No. Not at all," I say, smiling a bit.
He smiles and lays his head beside mine and takes one of my hands in his then gently kisses it.
"Love you, Cass." He whispers.
"I love you too," I whisper and smile then wrap my arms around him and close my eyes.