35.

I sit in Max' car, driving home, staring out my window at the city lights as we drive back down the hill.
I tap along to a song that's playing and smile softly. I haven't heard this song in months.
Max' hand rests on mine and I smile at the warmth of his hand.
I gently hold his hand in mine and stare out the window, smiling a bit more when he starts rubbing his thumb over it gently.
I rest my head on the back of my seat and close my eyes, relaxing, letting the warmth of the car and Max' hand do their jobs of relaxing me.
I look out my window again as we travel down the hill, the two other cars following us.
A little while later, we arrive at the apartment and I'm following Max into the building.
"Oh- wait.. I forgot my phone in the car," I say and take Max' keys when he hands them to me and run back out to the car.
I run past a car sitting in front of the building, but think nothing of it.
(Oh here we go)
I grab my phone and lock the car then go back into the building, looking down at my phone, and as soon as I look up..
"Max?!" I shout, dropping the keys and my phone.
My eyes widen as everything that's happening sinks in.
Tears fill my eyes. "You.." Max quickly breaks free from the kiss. (Keep in note he was turned away from the door)
He turns towards me sharply and takes a couple steps towards me.
I look over at who he was kissing. Andrea.
She has a smug little smile on her face. Like she's satisfied with what she did.
I look at Max again, tears blurring my vision.
"Don't fucking touch me," I snap, trying not to sob.
I yank the ring off of my finger and drop it on the ground before leaning over and picking my phone up.
"I thought you really were the guy I was going to marry." I say softly. I can feel my heart breaking.
"Cass- let me-"
"There's nothing for you to say, Max." I say and brush past him, the tears lingering in my eyes spilling out.
I go into the elevator and quickly press the button so the door shuts.
He has to deal with that pained expression on my face forever now.
I'm not giving him any second chances.
He knows I have trust issues. And he just made it worse. By kissing her.
I hear the doors open and I run to my apartment, pat Max'. The thing is that place started I feel like home.
I shove my apartment door open.
"Jackson!" I shout, my voice shaking.
He's out here in less than a second.
"Cass- hey what's wrong?" He asks and quickly walks up to me.
I sigh shakily. "Max.. He.. He kissed another girl." I say, shaking.
"He what-"
"Jackson.. Please don't go out there. But I have a question.." I say softly.
"Can we get out of Washington? Please? It's going to hurt.. A lot to see him almost every day."
"Of course. Mom is gonna have to stay because of her job.. But I'll leave with you. What state do you want to go to?" He asks.
"I.. Is Texas alright?"
"Of course. I'll go find tickets for tomorrow morning." Jackson says then turns and leaves.
I rush to my bedroom and quickly pack my stuff, tears flooding out of my eyes.
I hear the front door open and shut and I realize mom is home.
Jackson goes to talk to her. Which I can't hear because.. Well, my bedroom is at the end of the hall.
I stare at my camera for a few seconds before grabbing it and placing it in my suitcase.
My mom comes in a few seconds later and hugs me.
I hug her back tightly and close my eyes. "I'm gonna miss you.."
"I'm going to miss you too." She says softly.
I smile a bit. "I still love you. I'm leaving because of what Max did.." I whisper.
"I know.. Jackson told me everything." She says and pulls back then wipes my tears away.
I hear frantic knocking on the door.
"Jackson- is the door locked?" I call.
"Yeah!" He calls back.
I smile a bit.
He's gonna find out that he lost me. And I doubt that I'm taking him back.
"Got the tickets.. Printing them out now. We leave tomorrow at 3am, the plane leaves at 4am." Jackson says quickly.
"Got it.. Thanks." I say and look over at mom. "I'm gonna go to Jacksons room for the night.. Love you." I whisper and walk to Jacksons room with my suitcase.
I knock on the door softly. "Jackson.. Can I stay in here for the night?" I whisper.
"Of course, come on." He says and I push open the door then walk over to his bed and sit on it, beside him where he's playing CoD.
"Wanna play a bit?" He asks, pausing the game and holding an extra controller out to me.
"Uh.. Sure. If I remember how to play." I say softly. (Literally one of my best friends brothers taught me how to play and he was so freaking nice about it.)
We play for a few hours and I look at the time. I have about an hour of sleep.
I set my controller down and lay down then close my eyes, almost immediately falling asleep.

---

Oops. The end of this book is next chapter but book 3 is either coming out tomorrow or later tonight.