20.

I sit in Max' car, scrolling through my phone and looking at wedding dresses, screenshotting the ones I like.
I try to find ones that aren't too long, but aren't too short either.
I run a hand through my hair and furrow my eyebrows slightly. All the models have long blonde or brunette hair either styled, or resting over their shoulders.
I sigh and turn off my phone then stare out my window, watching as houses fly by, along with trees.
I rest my head on the window and something warm is pressed against my hand.
A smile appears on my face as I realize it's Max' hand resting on mine.
I turn my hand slowly and intertwine my fingers with his.
"Whatcha thinking about?" Max asks softly.
I chuckle a bit.
"You know me more than really anyone does.. Don't you?" I whisper.
"Probably," he says, smiling.
I sigh softly. "I was looking at wedding dresses and.. All the models had long hair. Not one had short hair.." I whisper and stare at myself in the side mirror.
"Cass," Max says softly and squeezes my hand gently. "Do you really think it matters that much that you have short hair? Cass.. You're going to be a beautiful bride. No matter what. I promise, nothing is going to make me change my mind." He says softly.
I smile and look over at him. "Thanks.. I love you, Max," I whisper and look down at our hands.
"I love you too. Please don't forget that.." Max says softly.
I smile. "I won't." I whisper and look back out my window.

-

I wake up and look around, eventually finding my phone next to me.
I turn it on and look at the time. 3am.
I groan and look around slowly.
I'm not in my room. This is Max' room. But he's not here. His arms aren't cuddling me like they usually are.
I furrow my eyebrows and get up. "Max?" I call out.
Nobody answers. I walk out the bedroom door and look around. Spotting his and Ross' body.
Are they sleeping?
I slowly walk closer. No.. My hand flies up to my mouth as I see bullet holes in their heads.
I back up slowly. Eventually backing into someone.
I go to turn around but a hand is firmly pressed against my mouth, a gun pressed to the side of my skull.
"Hey Cass.. Long time no see," someone says, a hint of a smirk lingering in his words.
I close my eyes and think. Who is he who is he..
I furrow my eyebrows and my eyes fly open.
Oh.. My god..
My breathing picks up.
"Now you recognize my voice.. Turn around, I want to see your pretty little face," he squeezes my cheeks and turns my head to the side sharply.
I cough. Blood drips out of my mouth. Did he just.. Break my neck.
"There you go.." He wipes the blood from my lips and chin then presses the gun to my head again.
"Say goodbye, Cass."
"I.. I have nobody to say goodbye to. You killed my fiancé. And no way am I gonna say goodbye to you." I snap.
"Aww," he readies the gun. "Now Cass," his finger hovers over the trigger and smirks. "That's no way to talk to your dad."
"You.. You aren't my dad." I choke out.
He smiles. "Goodbye, Cass." He says and a loud bang is heard.

-

I sit up straight. In a cold sweat. I gasp for breath and feel my neck.
Intact.
I run my hand over the side of my head.
No bullet hole.
I close my eyes. Tears are streaming down my cheeks.
"Cass?"
I jump at the sound of Max' voice and an involuntary sob escapes my throat.
"Hey," he soon is crouching in front of me at the foot of the bed. Staring up at me. Gently caressing my face in his hands.
I stare at him. Tears flowing steadily down my face. He wipes a few away.
"What's wrong?" He whispers.
I don't answer him. Instead I close my eyes and feel warm tears slowly run over my cheekbones, and down my jawline where they drop.
"I.. Had another nightmare." I whisper.
"What about?" Max whispers and he sits beside me, his weight weighing the bed down on his side.
I turn and tightly hug him. "My.. My dad.. Killed.. He.." A sob escapes my throat again.
"Shhh.. Take your time.." Max whispers.
"My dad.. He murdered you and.. And Ross.. Then.. I came out of the bedroom and.." I bury my face in Max' chest. "And he was still here.. Somewhere.. He broke my neck.. Brought a gun to my head and shot me.." (FIXED IT) I whisper and cling to him tightly.
"Anything after that?" Max whispers.
"No.. That.. That was it.." I whisper and tighten my grip on him.
"It's alright.. I'm here.." Max whispers and gently runs his hand up and down my back.
My tears stop flowing but my breathing is still shaking.
I take a few deep breaths and slowly start calming down a bit.
"You're fine.. It's alright. I'm here.." He whispers and gently rubs my back.
I smile a bit and sigh then nod a bit. "I know.." I whisper and feel myself slowly fall asleep.