4.

Cass

I sit in my bed, staring at the cork board on my wall which has a few pictures of me and Max.
I stare at the pictures for a few minutes before sighing and laying back on my bed.
My lips are still tingling from the kiss and I smile a bit.
The kiss felt.. It felt like it's happened before. Felt like I've had his lips on mine.
"Mom, I'm gonna leave for a few minutes," I say, poking my head into her door.
"Okay, don't stay out too late." She says and I smile then leave and run into the hallway and to Max' apartment.
I knock on the door quickly. Hoping he answers. Hoping he's not out. Or asleep. Or-
"Cass?" I look up at the ginger standing in front of me and I smile.
"Hey," I say softly.
"What are you doing here?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.
"I want to learn a bit more- about who we used to be. Who I used to know." I say, glancing away for a second before looking back at him.
"Uh- sure, you wanna stay the night while you're at it or..?"
"Uh.. I'd have to ask my mom, but sure." I say smiling.
I run back to my apartment and call in. "Mom I'm gonna stay the night at Max'!" I call and remember I need to get clothes so I run in and grab pajamas and clothes for tomorrow.
"Okay, good night!" She calls.
I walk back to Max' apartment, and walk in since he stepped aside for me.
"The bathroom is across from my bedroom, so if you want to get changed or shower," he says, shrugging.
I nod and smile. "I'll do that later." I say and set the clothes on the arm rest and sit, cross legged on the couch.
Max walks over and smiles then sits across the couch from me. "So what do you want to know?" He asks.
"Who are the other guys in.. This photo?" I pull it up and show it to Max.
"That's.. That's me giving you a piggyback ride, Red, Adam, Alesa, Tim, Ross, Barney and Nick. They all work at the office." Max says, handing me my phone back.
I nod a bit and start to fidget.
"Can you tell me how I went into my coma?" I ask, looking at Max.
"Yeah.. Your mom told you that she was offered a job in another state which meant you had to leave. You left and.. I tried to stop you but you pulled your arm away from my hand. I remember you getting in her car and.. I followed you. You lost control of the car.. Swerved in the middle of the road until the car took a sharp turn and ran into a tree. You went into a coma for five months and.. The day they were supposed to pull the plug.. You woke up." Max says, staring at a wall, looking lost.
"You had a chance of forgetting me. But you didn't. Then you told me you could move around.. See and hear everything.. But you couldn't interact with people." Max says and looks at me. The girl with tears brimming her eyes.
"I.. I'm so sorry.. I acted so stupid.." I whisper and look down as a tear falls down onto my hand.
Max lifts my head and gently wipes my tears away then smiles softly. "Don't cry. Please. Look, Cass, I know you don't remember me.. But I remember you. All those memories while we were in high school together.. When I came back to Louisiana, when you moved up here to Bellevue, they're all etched into my mind. They're memories I can never get rid of." He says and glances at my lips for less than a second.
I nod slowly and sigh softly.
"I remember getting diagnosed with my brain tumor.. But Max.. I'm so sorry. I have no idea who you are." I say and turn my head away.
"Cass." He says softly.
I don't reply.
"Cass." He says again.
"Hm?" I hum softly.
"Look at me." He says and I slowly look over.
"I don't care if you don't remember me, Cass. I'm still in love with you." He says and pulls something out of his pocket.
"I know you don't remember, but I gave you this necklace a little while ago."
It's a little infinity sign, attached to a chain.
"It.. I love it," I say, smiling then turn around and allow him to put it around my neck.
A few seconds later, Max' fingers gently brush against the nape of my neck, sending chills down my spine.
Eventually the cold metal of the clip rests on the back of my neck and I smile a bit, looking down at where the little charm is sitting.
I turn towards Max and look up at him. "I want to show you something, can you come with me?" He asks, getting up and slipping on his shoes and jacket.
"Uh- yeah, where are we going?" I ask, following him out the door.
"You'll see," he says and walks to the elevator, presses the down button and waits for the doors to open.

---

Can anyone guess where he's taking her? :3