Touching is not permitted

"Why did you come here?" Edd sad not looking his ex lover in the eyes.

"I want to apologize. I know I crossed a few line and it hurt but um, if you can take me back then can I at least see the twins?" Kevin said feeling terrible hoping he could at least talk it out with him.

"Yes I suppose." Edd said letting him in. The twins crawled up to Kevin excited.

"Hey guys!" He cheered picking them up, kissing the two playfully.

"How are you Kevin?" Edd aske plainly trying to seem uninterested.

"I um. I'm tryin', Edd..." He sighed sadly.

"I see." Edd cleared his throat and sat on his bed.

"So how are my babies?" He asked Edd and sat them back on the floor to play.

"They're growing wonderfully. A little fiesty at times, But they are a delight." Edd smiled softly.

Kevin sat next to him. "Yeah thats the Barr in them." He chuckled a bit only earning silence.

"Edd look... I get it... I probably shouldn't have said what I said... I was just upset that you didn't let me in..."

"You just wanted sex?!"

"No no! Not like that! I mean...it just felt like hid a ton of shit from me. But I guess I had to wait..." Kevin rubbed his own shoulders and fell back. "I feel so stupid."

"Kevin...." Edd took a deep breath. He knew this day was going to come. He had told no one this secret ever before. But, if he was gonna amend their relationship, he had to open the gates.

"Kevin I killed someone."

Kevin sat up immediately. Those words hit him like a monster 18-wheeler. Maybe he misheard him?

"What??"

"I-I killed someone. I took the greatest gift from a human person. I ended a family." Edd shook a little.

Kevin couldn't believe him. Eddward Vincent, the sweet loving angel that he knew had a hard life took a life?! How did he do it? Who did he do it to? Why?!! Edd had extensive sword training but would use it for killing?

Kevin sat back rubbing his face and sighing loudly. He knew this was no fantasy. Murder sent him straight to jail or even prison! He wasn't gonna be able to process something that huge, ever. He would miss a chunk of the twins life, he would get kicked out of school, and worse of all ... He would be treated so wrongly: he wouldn't be able to take his pills. He couldn't feel the sweet embrace of love. He would not be able to get treatment for his illness and the legal system was already so unfair that he would be able to get his basic needs for his mental health but no one would give him access to it.

Kevin couldn't get him out of this. He was terrified of thr future. Was Edd going to jail? Was the only question buzzing in his head. If the gave him life sentence?! Kevin couldn't handle that response. It made him scared.

Not only that, but the question remained: did he willingly do it? What caused him to kill someone? Why did he do it? Kevin couldn't conjure a smart answer to the question. All he could come to is that Edd meant something totally different by 'kill'. He had to calm Edd down; he was freaking out.

"Hey...look, just relax baby." Kevin coached putting his hand on his back. Edd followed until he was calm again. "Just tell me what happened?" He asked stroking Edd's shoulder.

Edd flashed back going into a panic frenzy. He couldn't completely remember all of what happened but he just remembered what he did. He started to shake and cry violenting. Romeo and Rudelle crawled over to Edd's feet concerned for their father.

"Kevin I can't...not while twins are here...I don't want them to hear.." He said laying his head in the others lap. "Do you...do you still love me...?"

Kevin looked at him with a soft and sincere smile. "Of course I do Edd." He said rubbing his cheek softly. "We can get through this. Together." He said and kissed his forehead.

Edd sighed in relief. He never told anyone that before. It was not Edd's choice to kill; he had to. It was not an option. But he couldn't tell that story now. He didn't even want to think of it.

xxxxxxxx