Chapter Four

Clink

            I tossed onto my side, pulling my covers over my head to block out the sound that had interrupted my peaceful sleep.

Clink

            Just ignore it Mel, you got this, come on.

Clink

            What the hell is that noise? Reluctantly I got out of bed, feeling like this would be a terrible start to the day. I passed my mirror, and stopped to see how bad I looked. Not nearly as disastrous as I thought it would be. My hair was still in a bun, but not messed up, and I didn’t look half dead or anything

Clink

            This time I walked over to my window. I opened it up; trying to see what was making that noise. The wonderful noise that had awaken me, that wonderful,

“OUCH!! DAMIT, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!”  I yelled as I grabbed my head where a rock had hit it only moments before.

            After taking a moment or two to finish my swearing I leaned out the window to see three boys, on the ground, laughing. Not just a small chuckle or anything but actually laughing so hard they were rolling in my yard with their faces red.

“You have about two minutes to explain to me what that was for, and what you are doing!!” I yelled!

 Finally Matt responded and stood up, still clutching his hand on his stomach. “We were trying to see if you wanted to go swimming with us this morning. It’s a great day out, and we thought it would be a good chance to hang out.”

I rolled my eyes, and smiled, yeah they were dorks but I was fine with that.

“Yeah I will head over once I change and eat, see you in a few.” I replied.”Oh and next time, just send me a text not a rock."

I shut my window as I went back to find my bikini. I threw it on looking in the mirror to check to see if it looked fine. I bought it this summer, it was light blue and wasn’t to revealing for a bikini. It was simple enough, and it brought out my green eyes. I redid my hair in its bun and grabbed my flip flops and towel. Before leaving I grabbed a breakfast bar to snack on.

I walked over to their house, and before I could even knock on the door someone had answered it. Kaden smiled brightly at me, led me back to hisin ground pool. It was an amazing day outside, not as humid as Texas, but it was nice enough for me to enjoy. I was in a great mood, until he showed up. I was willing to look past the fact we didn’t get off on a good start yesterday. Hopefully he was to; The last thing I wanted was an enemy.

But of course that wasn’t happening anytime soon. Go figure. Right off the bat I walked towards Kate and Zach standing by the pool. I joined along in their conversation; Kate had then excused herself from the conversation and walked away quietly, saying she needed to use the restroom.

Zach was wearing white swimming trunks with blue designs over them, and no shirt on at all. He definitely looked fine; the way he smiled shyly and tried to start a conversation was too cute. I decided to help him out.

“So Zach, what sports do you play?”

He looked at me for a second, and seemed almost grateful. “I play soccer, and basketball, do you play anything?”

“I tried, but I always got sports confused with one another.” It wasn’t a lie either.

He smiled curiously, “How so?”

Well I really wanted to play basketball with my friends, so I joined the team. my coach had put me in last minute since one of the girls got injured. I grabbed the basketball and ran across the court and yelled touchdown. Everyone laughed so hard, and I was so embarrassed, so I quit that.”

By the time I had finished Zach was in hysterics, nearly dying of laughter. He looked up still laughing. “You’re kidding me right Mel? I mean didn’t you try other sports?”

The sad thing is I did. “Yeah I tried, I joined softball, my first game I swung the bat and hit the ball, but I ran around the bases the wrong way.”

“He smiled even wider than he had been before, and for once he wasn’t tense. “ You’re funny Mel, I like that.”

I blushed, and nodded a quick ‘thanks’ to him. He continued to tell me stories of when he first started soccer, and how he was chubby. I was enjoying myself, until I looked up and seen Vince glaring at us. I couldn’t figure out why but he just seemed even angrier than he had been last night. I followed his gaze until he walked over to where Zach and I stood.

“Hey Vince what’s up bro?” Zach asked looking at Vince.

“Dude you can do so much better than her, don’t even bother wasting your time on her.” Vince stated as he smirked.

That escalated rather quickly didn’t it? This boy barely knew me but yet he had the balls to say I wasn’t good enough for Zach? I didn’t have any intentions with any of the guys here, I didn’t want a relationship, but Vince was just trying to piss me off. It was working to; I hid my anger deep down inside of me, before I would explode.

“Alright I am sorry Vince okay? Last night got out of hand, I didn’t mean to get angry, I was tired and nervous, I really am sorry.”

Vince just looked at me, surprised by my choice of words. He apparently thought I was going to be rude. Right when I thought he was going to change his mind about me, he smirked. He got his devilish glint in his eye and smirked. Well fuck.

“I don’t care what you say, I don’t like you, nor will I ever.” He then walked away.

By then Zach had left Vince and I to talk. Thus leaving me alone, so I turned to walk towards the door, when out of nowhere I was thrown in the water.

My body crashed into the cold water, and it took me a second to realize what had happened. I swam towards the surface, looking at the culprit, and what do you know. It was Kaden. He stood smirking by the side of the pool, laughing at his success. Little did Kaden know that I like my payback. I grabbed Kaden's hand to help pull me up, but instead of pulling myself up, I pulled Kaden in. He crashed into the water, and within minutes he swam to the surface. He was shocked, while I stood there laughing. Soon enough he joined in laughing with me. Eventually everyone came out and shook their heads and chuckled as well.

Kaden and I had got out of the pool and I had decided I wanted to change into something warmer. The water wasn’t as warm as everyone thought it would be, so we all changed for the most part. I grabbed the extra clothing I had brought with me and changed in the bathroom, I was trying to find where my shirt and shorts where. I had just been wearing a bra and underwear, when suddenly someone opened the door.