Chapter Twenty

“What Vince? What is so important?” He pointed ahead.

            My eyes followed the direction of his finger; me eyes then grew wide at the sight.

            Oh.

            Straight ahead of us Corey got down on one knee and pulled a box out of his back pocket. Just then Vince grabbed my hand and pulled me to the side. We hid behind the part of the fence that I hadn’t broken down, yet. We both watched Corey and tuned into the speech he was about to give.

            “Angel, I have loved you from the first moment I met you, I’ve never been happier in my life. Will you marry me?”

            Angle looked down and squealed with happiness. She then pulled Corey up to his feet and hugged him.

            “Of course I’ll marry you!” She yelled.

            Corey then picked Angel up and swung her around as they began to kiss. After a minute or two Corey put Angel back down and slid the ring onto her finger. Angel pulled her hand to her face and examined the ring.

            “I love it Corey.” She whispered.

            “I love you.” He replied while leaning down to kiss her.

            I looked over at Vince with my mouth wide open. “Vince?”

            “Yeah?” He replied meekly.

            “Did we just witness a proposal?” I asked.

            Before Vince could answer footsteps approached us. “Do you two want to know what I just witnessed?”

            We both spun around to face the angry voice behind us. A short chubby woman who must have been in her late forties pulled out her walkie talkie on her belt. She was the security guard, and judging from the look on her face, one could assume that she didn’t witness the engagement, but me breaking the fence.

            I winced at her question, already knowing I was going to be in trouble.

            “Uh no?” I replied back dumbly.

            “Well in that case let me recap the past few moments, you came over here and broke the fence.” She angrily retorted.

            “Oh that?” I asked while pointing at pile of broken fence. “I can explain.”

            The guard rolled her eyes. “I’m sure you can, on your way out.”

            Vince spoke up. “Look we didn’t mean to, it was an accident.”

            “I don’t care what it was, you can leave.”

            “Miss that fence doesn’t even look like it could handle a fly leaning on it, let alone a teenage girl.” Vince shot back.

            Judging from the older woman’s face it wasn’t hard to tell that she really didn’t like us. Her hatred of us practically radiated off of her. All because I broke a fence.

            “I suggest you leave right now, before I have to escort you out.”

            Vince looked like he was about to strangle someone, so I decided I should step back in.

            “Can we just get our friends first?”

            The lady snorted. “Why so you can destroy more property?”