Chapter Nineteen

"Hey Corey! Angel yelled while making her way over to us

            Corey had looked shocked. He hadn't expected to be caught taking me out. Corey also hadn't expected to see Vince with Angel.

            Vince walked over and stood beside Angel.

            "Hey guys, I didn't expect to see you here." Corey said.

I took a glance at Corey to see he was shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot.

            "Yeah, I decided that I wanted to come down here today, and Angel was willing to join me." Vince shrugged it off.

            Deciding to clear the awkward air for Corey, I offered that we all ride some rides together. Everyone had agreed. We had all decided that it would be best to start off on a roller coaster.

            We jumped into line together and had a small wait before getting on.

            "So Corey, how do you know Angel?" I asked

            "I, well, uh." He stammered. "We go out every once in awhile."

            Angel blushed and looked the other way. Vince looked my way sending me a knowing look.

            "Next four people please." The worker spoke up.

            The cart had four seats; two faced the front while the other two faced the back. I grabbed Vince and shoved him in the back with me, leaving Corey and Angel to sit together in the front.

            Corey turned around and sent me a confusing look.

            "Sorry, it's just I know Vince gets a bit nervous and doesn't want to embarrass himself."

            Corey sent me an understanding "oh" and turned back around.

            Vince on the other hand sent me a glare

            "What?" I asked innocently.

            "I am not afraid." He said.

            “I bet you will yell Mr. Tough guy."

            He smiled. “You have to buy me a funnel caked if you yell."

            "You owe me a funnel cake if you yell then." I taunted.

            "Deal." He said while reaching out to shake on it.

            Just as we shook hands the ride started.

The ride consisted of many twists and turns, I had held in my urge to scream while Vince on the other hand looked as if he didn’t have a care in the world. I thought we had reached the end when we went through a dark tunnel. Instead of ending the ride suddenly did a quick dive to the ground.

            Since I hadn't expected the drop I yelled out in surprise. I grabbed onto Vince and oddly enough he put his arm around me. The ride then came to a screeching halt.

            Angel and Corey quickly got out and headed for the exit. Vince took his time getting out, leaving me to help myself. Vince easily climbed out onto the walk way using his long legs. I on the other hand had to hop onto the walkway.

            Being the ever so graceful person I am I fell onto the ground. Vince stood there chuckling while I gathered what dignity I had left and got up.