Chapter Twenty Nine

Both of the girls shook their heads and smiled. We walked in together and instead of sitting at a table or booth we sat upfront, what would be considered the bar if it wasn’t a coffee shop. Once we got settled in an older man came and took our orders, and while we waited I decided to question the girls.

            “So how were your dates?” I asked them.

            “Well Corey and I,” Angel began.

            “Wait what did you do Angel!” Kate interrupted.

            Angel gave Kate a slightly irritated face before answering. “I already told you while shopping.”

            Kate blinked her eyes and looked down. “Oh yeah that’s right.” She mumbled.

            Angel and I both rolled our eyes at Kate’s stupidity. I nudged Angel to continue her story since I was the only one who didn’t know.

            “Well Corey took me to an indoor ice skating rink. It was freezing but really fun.”

            “What happened there?” I asked her.

            Angel blushed, “Well we skated for awhile, and I was really bad at it, I kept falling. Every time I fell he would skate back over and pick me up. After a few hours of skating he took me home.”

            Kate looked quite pleased at their success, and I couldn’t blame her.

            “Did you get a good night kiss?” I asked.

            Angel began blushing and before she could answer I asked her another question. “Was he good? Was it just a peck? Did you get butterflies?”

            “Alright, calm down Mel. He gave me a peck on the lips and it was cute, I had a great time with him.”

            “So when’s the next date?” Kate asked.

            “Corey wants to go out again soon; he is looking for another creative date to take me on.” Angel answered.

            “Nice, now Kate how did it go with Zach.” I asked.

            Kate started to wrap her long brown hair around her finger and play with it for a moment or two. I looked over at Kate and realized she was swirling lightly on the booth chair daydreaming.

            “Earth to Kate.” Angel poked her with a straw.

            Kate jumped a little and remembered that it was her turn to share her date. Although we all assumed that it went well, I still wanted to know the details. Seeing as Zach was a rather quite guy and not to loud I was a bit curious about how well Kate would actually get along with him.

            Maybe opposites attract, like Vince and I. Except at this moment the fact that we were opposites may be the reason we are fighting. I wavered my thoughts away from the sore subject so I didn’t ruin my mood.

            Kate looked up with her big green eyes and started to answer when our food and drinks arrived. A boy who looked as if he were our age served us our three cups of hot chocolate and our pastries. Kate and Angel both recognized this guy and immediately began talking to him, bombarding him with questions.

            While they talked I took in his appearance. He wasn’t exactly tall, but he wasn’t short either. He had bleach blonde hair and a medium skin tone to blend in. Typically with this description one would think his eyes were a light blue or emerald green, but instead they were a dark brown.