Chapter Thirteen

Beep

            Beep

            Beep

            Damn that phone, I think to myself as I reach over to blindly grab it. I rolled over on my side to find it on my nightstand; I still refused to open my eyes. I couldn’t rest in peace until I found my phone.

            Ugh why me? Why can’t I just be able to sleep? All day, without a word, or a person bothering me.

            Oh that’s right, because I have friends, and more importantly, I have a game to figure out. Just fucking dandy.

            I opened my eyes and found my phone, quickly opening the new text I had received. Correction texts, as in plural, not one, not two, not even three, almost there. Keep guessing, that’s right seven new messages!!

            The surprising part about it was six of them were from the same person. The first one was from Corey.

            Hey I had a great time last night, please let me take you out tomorrow, busy today.

            I smiled, he was really sweet, too bad I couldn’t fall for any of those boys. But with that being said it was already Tuesday, and he only had until Sunday to play his part of the game. Thus giving me today off to myself, I hit the reply button and sent him back a text.

            Sounds great, text me later and give me the details J

            After replying to him I checked my other six messages, who just happened to be from Vince. Apparently whatever he wanted was very important to be sending me multiple texts.

            Hey get up

            Mel get up

            Seriously get up

            If you don’t get up I’m going to come over and get you up

            I lied I don’t have keys to your house.

            I need the keys to your house. Get up.

            I rolled my eyes, I will be damned if I give Vince a set of keys to get in my house. Over my dead body, I will not torture myself like that. Think of how he would just come in and wake me up when I am sleeping? He already does it through a text, I couldn’t imagine him actually coming in and waking me up.

            What do you need Vince?

            I sat waiting for his reply. Within seconds I got it. This better be damn good to be sending me multiple text messages.

            Tacos

            Huh? I didn’t really think that was an answer to my question.

            Okay? What about tacos?

            I want some. He replied.

            So how does that involve me?

            I got up heading to my dresser. I had already lost all hope of actually getting back to sleep. I brushed my hair and threw on some light blue jean shorts, and a frilly pink top. I checked my phone once more.