Chapter Eight

I jumped a little, and by the sounds of it someone found it funny.

            “Relax.”Kaden soothed into my ear as he rubbed my waist.

            “Kaden, what are you doing?” I whispered as I got out of his grip.

            He looked slightly hurt for a second or two but it quickly passed with a cocky smile. He leaned up against the counter, only to start staring intently at me.

            “They were all fighting over the movies so I decided to come join you, I didn’t want you to be alone or anything.”

            I grabbed the last bag of popcorn and threw it in the microwave. I turned around and shook my head.

            “Alright then can you get me three bowls, and help me pour the popcorn in them please?” I gave him my best puppy dog face. He smiled, and gave in to the look, sucker.

            He reached for the bowls and set them on the counter. I grabbed the two bags that were popped and began pouring them into two of the bowls. The microwave beeped signaling that it was time to put the third bag in. Instead of turning around to get it, a well toned body pressed up against me pouring the last bag into the last bowl. He stood over me, apparently not minding the fact that I was there.

            After he finished emptying the bag he still stood there, it was like I was trapped. With an extremely hot sex god, my minded suddenly chimed in. He turned me around to face him, pushing us both up against the counter in the process. I stood there looking into his bright green eyes; a shiver ran down my spine. He smirked, once again. He leaned in and whispered in my ear,

            “You’re too cute, Mel.” I blushed.

            “Uh Uhm uh thanks? How about we go back downstairs okay?” surprisingly enough my voice had faltered.

            He nodded; clearly amused by the reaction he got from me. We both left and returned downstairs carrying the popcorn along. I resumed sitting where I was before, only this time Corey wanted to sit next to me. That left Vince to sit across from us on another couch. The first movie was a horror film, whoever won surely picked a gross movie. I clearly didn’t like horror films; they just weren’t my type of things. I was knocked out of my thoughts as a warm arm was wrapped around me. Looking up I could see Corey pull me closer and set my body so I leaned onto him.

            I laid back onto his side and let him put his arm around me until the movie was over. When the movie ended apparently Zach had wanted to sit next to me this time. White chicks was put in, apparently his pick. He somehow managed to end up laying across my lap for the entire movie. I giggled as he started to drift off to sleep. He tried so hard to stay awake but failed. But I had one problem; I had to pee, incredibly bad. I got up lifting his head gently and moving it to the side. I sneaked upstairs to use the bathroom, where Matt had been on the phone.

            I slowly came up behind him intending to sneak up on him, until he started talking.

            “Yeah we are playing the game, well Vince isnt really in it this time, but the rest of the guys are.” Matt replied into the phone.

            What game is he talking about? Maybe one of the sports they all liked to play, that or something to stupid.

            “No her name is Mel, Yeah she’s nice, and should be easy to, she will be,”

Creak

            Shit I had accidently moved causing the floor to creak. Great now I won’t know what kind of game this is, or how I’m involved in this.

            He snapped his phone shut and jumped from my hiding spot yelling ‘boo’ as I did so. He jumped a little and gave me a nervous smile.

            “Uh hey Mel, what’s up? I didn’t know you came up?” He looked super nervous.

            I decided I didn’t want him to know I knew about a game, or that I was involved in it. I would keep that much to myself. So I acted completely oblivious to his conversation just minutes before.

            “Oh yeah I had to go to the bathroom, I seen you and decided I wanted to scare you, just when you turned around I came up and figured id jump.” I smiled.

            He believed it, and looked more relieved than anything.

            “I’m going to go use the restroom then I will come back down and join you okay?” I asked, slipping away before he could answer.

            I entered the bathroom and closed it behind me, quickly doing my business. As I headed back downstairs I couldn’t help but wonder what does the game have to do with me? I hope it isnt as bad as I think it is. Boys are so confusing, and with that thought I entered the basement again.

            Almost everyone was asleep except Matt, so I sat next to him on the couch. He grabbed a blanket and snuggled up beside me. He was flirting in his own little way, in fact almost all of the boys had flirted with me except for Vince, the only one not in this so called “game”. I really wondered why Vince wasn’t in the game, and who else was in the game as well. Does Vince hate me to much t join the game? I thought we were friends, but maybe he did it before we made up. Everything wasn’t weird up until tonight, and I wasn’t so sure I was okay with the way things were ending up. I wondered if Kate knew anything about this “game”, hopefully I could ask her tomorrow when we all woke up. I hope she wasn’t a part of this game.  

Somewhere in my thoughts I had gotten lost, I eventually fell asleep, next to Matt snuggled up in blankets.