Chapter Twenty Five

I flipped my phone shut and rolled back up into my covers. I had a little less than ten hours to lay in my bed and enjoy the day. I had thought that until my mother popped her head into my room.

            “Now that you’re awake you want to hang out?” She asked.

            So long for ten hours of doing nothing.

            “Sure Mom, just let me throw on some clothes. Any particular place you want to go?” I asked her while sitting up.

            “Well actually I wanted to go dress shopping.” She replied.

            “Sure, I hope you have a GPS because I still don’t know my way around here.” I replied.

            “I’m sure we can manage, be ready in about an hour.”

            I shook my head and she shut my door. I jumped out of my bed and walked over to my window. I wanted to look at the weather before I picked out my clothing, but my attention was caught.

            Kaden had decided he was going to get his mail, which would not have been unusual if he had been wearing more than just boxers.

            His hair was ruffled in a way where anyone could tell he had just gotten out of bed. He must not have realized his mistake because when I opened my window and started laughing he looked confused.

             I leaned out my window so he could hear me better I yelled, “Nice underwear Kaden!”

            Kaden looked up at me and looked slightly confused until he had looked down.

            “Enjoying the show?” he yelled back up while smirking.

            I rolled my eyes sarcastically replied. “Sure, I bet your other neighbors are to.”

            Kaden rolled his eyes until he seen an older lady that lived down the street looking at him. He looked back my way and seemed to blush.

            I shut my window and closed my curtains still chuckling at the sight I had seen. I walked back over to my closet and pulled out a simple pair of jean shorts and a loose t shirt. I threw on my clothes and quickly threw my hair into a pony tail. My converses seemed to be sticking out so I grabbed a pair of socks and threw on the shoes. Before leaving my room I grabbed my phone and checked my messages.

            I had two text messages.

            One was from Vince which said.

            We need to talk.

            I ignored his text and went to the next text. Kaden had sent me a message.

            Can we hangout soon?

            I smiled and replied.

            How about tomorrow?

            I closed my phone and walked downstairs where my mother was sitting at the kitchen table.

            “I made some breakfast.”

            I looked down at the plate she had made for me; it was a bagel with cream cheese on it. I smiled and remembered how bad of a cook my mother actually was.

            “Thanks Mom.” I said as I sat down next to her and began eating my bagel.

            The next few minutes were used to discuss the few stores my mother knew of around here. Using our GPS we made a small route of stores we planned on going to, one of them being the book store, and the others being clothing stores.