Chapter Sixteen

That was the Sophia I had wanted to talk to. I turned again to face Vince. His face was unreadable, and that’s what I hated the most, as quick as his walls came down, they could also but quickly put back up.

            “Why did she leave Vince? Kate said she left after the game, what happened?”

            He looked hurt for a second and shrugged it off. “It’s no big deal, let’s just drop it.”

            I was hurt that he wouldn’t tell me, but I had talk to her anyway. I didn’t want to bombard Vince with questions he wasn’t ready to answer. Some things I would have to find out myself.

            “Now let’s get down to business shall we?” Vince said while smirking.

            If I hadn’t known any better it would seem as if he wants to get back at his friends.

            “Alright, first off how much does Corey like this Angel girl?”

            “Must be a good bit, he’s been taking her out for a few months or so.”

            “He seems like the jealous type.” I stated while swiveling in the chair.

            “What do you have planned Mel?” He seemed like he was dying to know.

            “Do you have her number?”

            “Yeah hold on, I let me find it.” He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and scrolled for her number.

            He read off the digits as I typed them in my phone, I saved her under my contacts and planned on talking to her later.

            “Alright here’s my plan.” I began, “I am going to tell her I want to prank Corey, have her meet up with another guy at the same place he takes me tomorrow. He will be crazy jealous and leave me for Angel, he is then eliminated from the game.”

Vince snorted, “Yeah it can’t be that easy.”

“Think about it Vince.”

He did, he sat up on his bed and seemed to look through the plan.

“Why would she participate?” He asked.

“Easy, every girl wants to be asked out, and she must like him if they have been going on dates for a few months, I’m giving him the push he needs.”

            He seemed surprised that it all made sense. He waited obviously trying to make sure there weren’t any holes in my plan. “What if Corey doesn’t get jealous?”

            I looked over at Vince, “He would be wasting his time taking her out on so many dates then.”

            “Fine, it seems to be a pretty good idea, just set it up.”

            Just then my phone buzzed and it had happened to be my mother.

            Coming home tonight for dinner, hope to spend some time with you xoxo

            I smiled, it had been about a week since I last seen her. I quickly typed back a response.

            Okay can’t wait; I will be home soon at a friend’s house. Xoxo

            Vince looked at me with a funny face; it hadn’t really occurred to me that I would be smiling like a fool. I had missed my mother she was my best friend, and sometimes her working so much made it hard for us to see each other.