Chapter Eighteen

“ Ouch ouch ouch " I whispered as I slowly got up from the couch
            I looked back down at my mother, who still laid in a curled up position. She would enjoy waking up with her whole body feeling sore. I stretched out my arms, cracking every bone in my body in the process.

            I sighed, I had a ton of work to do today, I still have to figure out a way to set up angel and Corey. I slowly climbed my stairs trying to avoid waking up my mother I walked into my room looking for my phone. Of course I couldn't be responsible and set my phone somewhere I might actually find it.

            I gave up searching and decided to lay in my bed. Right when I was about to drift off to sleep, I felt a small vibration under the small of my back. I sighed and sat up, I tossed my pillow to the side.

            My phone had apparently ended up under my pillow. Which wouldn't be unusual. I picked up my cell phone and looked at the caller I.D. it was Corey calling me. Perfect! I pressed the phone to my ear.

 "Morning beautiful!" Corey sang out.

 I rolled my eyes. "Morning Corey."

            "So I was thinking we could go on a date today."

            "Sure, what do you have planned?" I asked

            "I was thinking the amusement park, be ready by one okay Mel?"

            "Sure, see you then."

   Fantastic, now all I had to do was convince Angel to go. I sat on my bed and crossed my legs. Just when an idea hit me. I picked up my phone and called Vince. He answered on the third ring.

            "What?" He said rather agitated

            "We have plans."

            Vince groaned."Continue."

            I smiled."When is the last time you went on a date?"

            Dead silence had entered the conversation.

What felt like minutes later he finally replied.

            "Awhile."

            "Perfect, call Angel and ask her to spend the day at the amusement park."

            "Mel, she likes Corey she would never agree to go with me."

            I rolled my eyes. He's so naive.

            "Girls like their options, meet us there at about one thirty."

            He groaned. "Fine, see you then." He then hung up.

            I checked to see the time on my phone. It was already twelve, leaving me with only an hour to get ready before Corey came. I jumped off of my bed and ran to my bathroom. I quickly threw my clothing off and hopped into the shower. I washed my hair and scrubbed the rest of my body down. I took extra time shaving so I didn't cut myself. Within minutes I was out of the shower.

            I stood wrapped up in my towel looking into my closet. I decided on white studded shorts with a flowing green top. Once I got dressed I tried to quickly do my hair. With that being said it went into a side braid. I looked up into the mirror and smiled. The green top hugged my body in the right places and brought out my eyes.

            My hair looked neat and sophisticated in the side braid. For rushing through the whole process I did a great job.

            A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I checked the clock, it was already 12:55. I grabbed my white gladiator sandals and threw them on.