Chapter Five

I quickly turned around to find a red faced Vince staring at me.

“Uhm uh yeah I’m uh yeah bye.” And with that he left, closing the door behind him.

            I turned around and found the rest of my clothing and slipped into it. I walked back out to the living room where everyone seemed to be sitting. Vince sat in the middle of a long couch; in between Kaden and Corey. I smiled; this was my chance, my chance to seriously annoy him. I walked to the couch across from them and sat down. I then started to stare at Vince who was now avoiding my gaze. He was trapped and he knew it.

            “So do you guys have locks on your doors or anything?” I said smiling slightly.

            Kaden who looked slightly confused answered, “Yeah, but the bathroom door handle is broken; I forgot to mention that, sorry.”

            “It would seem so.” I replied. Vince was practically dying to get out of the living room, but he had no excuse to.

            “Yeah you should get that fixed sometime guys.” Vince spoke up, intertwining his hands together.

            Now was my chance to strike. “Awe what Vincent didn’t like what you saw?”  I teased.

            Everyone had turned to face him now with their mouths hanging open; he took this is the opportunity to run out of the room. Where I on the other hand stood there laughing my ass off. Everyone continued to stare at me waiting for an explanation.

            “Sorry, but I was getting changed, and I couldn’t find my shirt or shorts and the door wasn’t working. Vince barged in and seen me in my bra and underwear; I figured I would torture him while I still could.”

            Corey frowned. “He gets a free show! That’s not fair at all, come on Mel Mel it’s only fair we see now!”

            Kate and I began laughing and shook our heads. “No way, I am never going to do that.”

            “Suite yourself Mel Mel.”Corey stated.

I rolled my eyes. Really Mel Mel? I have been called pretty stupid names before, but this one had to be my favorite. I raised my eyebrow, “Really? Mel Mel Corey??”

He smiled to himself, practically beaming because of the new nickname he had created. I only smiled and decided to accept it. It was cute, and would work for now.

Mathew spoke up, “Alright so how about some pizza guys?”

Next to an hour later a pizza was laid in front of us, it was extra cheesy, with bacon, sausage, and of course pepperoni. I was practically drooling, but then again everyone else was to. After a small debate about how good the pizza could be; they finally convinced me to give it a try. I took the biggest piece, and took a small bite.

I can promise you, it was downright fantastic. I moaned from the heavenly taste that filled my mouth. I then heard a few small laughs, when I opened my eyes everyone had crowded around the table and smiled. They knew they were right, and I was wrong, this pizza was the God of all pizzas. For the first time since I met Vince, he smiled. As soon as he caught me looking at his smile it was wiped away.

“I guess princesses don’t eat pizza often.” Vince stated.

Just for a second I thought he would try to be nice, just try.  I smiled knowing I had seen a smile behind his mask just minutes before. “I never had pizza this delicious before.”

“Get used to it kiddo.” Kaden said as he nudged me out of the way for some pizza. I rolled my eyes, only them.

After we finished the pizza I decided I had wanted to get back home and relax a bit. That was the most fun I had in awhile. They made me feel like family, and even Vince had a soft spot, not that he will willingly show it, but it was there.

I marched up my stairs and stripped off my clothes for a nice soothing shower. Showers were my private get away from the world. I could stand and think, and I wouldn’t have to please a soul in the world. So I stood there replaying the day’s events in my head. All of the guys seemed to be warming up to me, even Kate. Everyone except Vince. I don’t understand why though; he accused me of being spoiled and rich, when he was at his best friend’s house who was wealthier than I was. It just seemed off and it didn’t make sense in my opinion.

He had a reason to hate me; somehow, he had found one within the first ten seconds of meeting me . He seemed fine with the other guys, but around me, he was tense and rude.

Finally I got out of the shower, and slipped into my pajamas, I passed out before I could even get comfortable on my bed.

            “Baby you’re a firework, come on let your colors...”

            Katy Perry woke me up this morning, ringing on my phone. Apparently someone was calling me. I hadn’t even really been awake yet, so it had to early in the morning.

            “What?” I answered into my phone.

            “Mel Mel get up.” Corey nearly yelled.

            “Dude you know how early it is this morning? What could be so important that you woke me up so early for?” I moaned.

            “Check the time right now, and then tell me it is still early.”

            I rolled over to the side of my bed to look at my alarm clock. Oh shit, it was already two in the afternoon. I can’t believe I almost slept the whole day away!

            “Okay so I slept in, what’s up Corey?”

            “Well everyone has decided to pile up here and have a movie night, you should definitely join us.”

            “Maybe I don’t want to, maybe it’s too far of a walk Corey.”

“Mel it’s not really an option; you are coming over, we live across the street, be here at seven okay?”

I sighed, “I wouldn’t miss it for the world Corey.”

“I love you, Bye!”

And with that he hung up. Leaving me to just lie in my bed figuring out what I wanted to do. I had five hours to myself, five hours I could still use some sleep. It sounded like a solid plan, I would probably be out until the morning watching movies at their house anyway. Sleep sounded like a solid plan right now. I went to pull the cover up over my head until my phone started ringing.

I checked to see who was calling, and it was Vince. I was surprised, I didn’t think he would call me of all people.

“What Vince?”

“I need you.”