Chapter Twenty One

“Alright, I’ll see you guys later!” I yelled at Corey and Angel, before shutting Vince’s car door.

            I looked over at Vince who had already buckled up and started the car.

            Even though our plans didn’t go exactly as planned Corey was still off of the list. I now only had three more guys to go. Even though Corey had been a part of the game he had quit for whatever reason, not that I had a problem with that.

            “We’re here.” Vince said while pulling up to my house.

            “Thanks.” I said as I unbuckled myself.

            “For what?” He turned to face me.

            I thought for a moment for a reasonable answer. “Today, it was fun.”

            Vince’s eyes lit up as he smiled. “Anything for you Mel.”

            I turned my head away as I felt my cheeks grow warm. As I went to open the door Vince grabbed my hand.

            “Thank you for bringing Corey back.”

            I nodded my head and asked the question that had been playing on my mind for the past few minutes.

            “Who do you think is next?”

            Vince seemed to take this into consideration for a moment before answering. “I don’t know.”

            “I guess we’ll have to see.” I added before slipping my hand out of his.

            I went to turn around and tell Vince goodnight but he wasn’t in the car. Before I could turn around he whispered into my ear. “Boo!”

            I shrieked and turned around obviously not expecting him to pull a prank.

            “Really Vince?” I asked unbelievingly.

            He shrugged and put his hands back into his pockets.

            “I had to; it was too good of a chance to pass up.” He replied.

            I rolled my eyes and started walking back to my house. Once I opened my door I turned around and yelled a goodnight to Vince before he turned to get back in his car. I closed my door behind me and kicked off my shoes as I had walked upstairs.

            Deciding I would take a shower in the morning, I stripped off my shirt and shorts and climbed into bed. Within minutes I drifted into a deep dreamless sleep.

            I had started to shiver and soon came to the realization that I kicked my covers off during the night. I opened my eyes to grab my blankets when my eyes landed on a black spot on my bed.

            “AHHHHHHHH!” I yelled jumping out of bed.

            All of a sudden footsteps raced up my stairs and my door was swung open. I hadn’t even paid any attention to the intruder, my attention was fixed on the monster that laid on my bed.

            Laying there on my bed was a huge ass black spider. Its body was the size of a grown mans fist, not including its legs. It legs seemed to hold it up making it the size of a large rat standing on its hind legs. As I screamed I realized the creature must have been as startled as I was because it started running. I shrieked again and jumped onto my nightstand.