Chapter Ten

“We should really stop meeting like this Vince.”

            He just stood there and blushed, I doubted this would be the first time he seen girls in a wrapped up towel. He was still embarrassed though, his cheeks were a light pink and he scratched his head awkwardly and smiled.

            “I really am sorry for this!” He turned to leave and shut the door.

            I was left standing there with my towel wrapped around my tiny body. I quickly jumped into my clothing not wanting to waste any more possible time. I brushed my hair quickly, letting it be down and wavy. I looked in the mirror to see if my white blouse and light blue shorts looked fine. I grabbed my small white ballets from my bag, quickly slipping them on.

            I threw my bag over my shoulder and started heading downstairs to meet up with Corey. This time they were having another argument, or discussion, in which I was eager to drop in on. Without moving I stood at the top of the steps focusing in on Kaden’s voice, who seemed to be doing all of the talking.

            “Alright guys how about since there’s four of us we all get on week with her, if we can’t convince her in one week then it is the next guys turn, unless she decides to ask us out again.” Kaden said.

            I was being talked about as an object, delightful.

“So basically a time share, correct?” Zach chimed in.

A time share was used for sharing houses, not a teenage girl. There was a big difference, for one you can’t just keep me for a week and then pass me on to another guy. That was just weird, not the weird anyone really wanted to mess with either.

“Deal.” Matt chimed in.

“Works for me.”  Corey agreed.

“Agreed.” Zach answered.

“You guys are all assholes.” Kate shot at them.

“Well that shouldn’t be new to you, how long have we been hanging out?” Kaden threw back at her.

Damn this would be funny, had four guys hadn’t had the intention of sharing me each for a week.

“I take the first week then.” Corey continued.

Well this would explain the whole date idea, maybe that’s what they were trying to do. But I still didn’t understand the meaning of them game. It seems as if I would have to find out for myself.

“She will be done any minute now, discussion over.” Matt said.

I took this as my cue to grab my things and wait another minute or two before approaching them. I certainly didn’t want to make it seem like I entered after they all had a conversation about me. The less secretive they were, the easier this would be for me. I might as well join in on the game if they have already included me in it.

I walked down the stairs quite cheerfully, despite my actual mood.

“I’m ready to go Corey, now where did you say you wanted to take me out to?” I questioned.

He smiled “I didn’t tell you where, and I still don’t plan on telling you either, but drop your bag into the car and lets go.”

We both made our way to the car, only he opened my door for me. It was a nice gesture and a cute one as well. Who said Chivalry was dead? He popped open the trunk and took my bag from me. He jumped into the driver’s side and got in, shortly after that we left.

I really didn’t have the chance to go and check out the town yet, I had only been to the neighbor’s house and back. So looking out the window as Corey drove around gave me something to do. It wasn’t a city, but it wasn’t in the middle of nowhere. It was right in the middle, with houses on a few blocks and then a few small chain stores for a few blocks. We passed by many churches, and arcade, a book store, a few cafes, a movie theatre, and a few small clothing stores. At least I could find something to do when I got bored.

I hadn’t expected there to be much to do here, but it goes to show how much of an adventurer I am. I should take some advice from Jake and Fin sometimes. The look on my face must have been awestruck because Corey spoke up.

“I guess you haven’t ventured around town yet huh?” He said smiling at me, while still driving.

I turned to face him, “No not really, but it is really nice here. I like this, I could get used to it.”

It then clicked in my head that we had seen just about everything this town could offer, but I still had no idea where we were going. I didn’t mind not knowing where we were going, but it would have been nice to know.

I still looked at the window for another five minutes, comparing to my old home town. In which was a huge city, with streets filled with common stores and expensive restaurants. I had like it there, but I liked this new found quietness. Couples walked down the streets holding hands, and friends gathered in groups messing around, it was perfect. Peaceful would have been the best word to use, and I had all of a sudden started to wonder if my mother had ventured out this far.

Since she did go to the grocery store before returning to work I assumed she had to have ventured out to some point to find some sort of grocery store. Right then in the midst of my thoughts we came to a stop. I looked over at Corey who had parked the car and had already started walking to my side of the car. I unbuckled m seat belt and smiled as he opened the door for me. I couldn’t help but blush, my lack of previous relationships or crushes hadn’t prepared me for such kindness.

I stepped out of the car grabbing Corey’s hand and shutting the door while doing so. As Corey locked the door I took in my surroundings. We were parked in a small parking lot, and the building in front of us was small.  I paled at the sign, I knew what we would be doing that night, and didn’t like it at all.

Corey had started walking to the building grabbing my hand and pulling me along to do so, since I was incapable of doing so myself. We reached inside and found the front desk. I would just hate this, and I would never forget the torture Corey was going to go through.