Chapter Six

“I need you” Vince simply said.

            He has a great way of waking people up, and he is full of surprises. I put the phone back to my ear. He actually sounded pretty cheerful this morning, which is odd, considering it is him.

            “Yes Vince what do you need?”

            “Right now I I I hehehe.” He mumbled off before saying any more.

            He sounded weird, not the rude Vince but the happy Vince. This still didn’t make sense. He was stuttering and being goofy, which is not Vince. And then it clicked in my head. Great just great.

            “Vince are you drunk?” I asked even though I knew the answer already. Shaking my head I got up and placed the phone to my ear once again.

            “Kinda.” He replied and bursted into a fit of giggles. Great now I am a babysitter, nothing to surprising there.

            “Where are you?” I asked, praying he wasn’t at a bar or somewhere crazy dangerous.

            “SUBWAY EAT FRESH” He yelled before bursting into a fit of giggles again. Well it was just subway, so that wasn’t so bad at all. But how the fuck did he end up drunk, at subway. Why was he drunk? And why did he choose to call me of all people?

            “l will be there soon, don’t go anywhere.” I hung up, grabbing the nearest pair of jean shorts, and a t shirt to go with it. I threw my hair into a bun, and left with my car keys in my hands.

            Twenty minutes later I had arrived at subway. I got out of my car, and walked in through the doors, and the sight I seen was interesting. There Vince was sprawled out on the table sleeping, with a half eaten hoagie in his left hand. I walked over and the nearest employee came over,

            “How. Just how?” I asked.

            The small women stood beside me couldn’t have been no more than 5’6 and no older than 19. She seemed nice enough though, and just looked at me. Amusement was all over her face.

            “Well” she started, “He kind of just came in drunk awhile ago, and ordered, and passed out, he called someone, and then just passed out soon after. My boss wanted to make sure someone came to get him, and I assume that would be you?”

“Sadly” I said.

            I walked over to where he was laying and pushed him off the table. He would have such a hangover. But that wasn’t my fault, it was his fault. He slowly got up scrunching up his face while doing so. He looked so cute when he woke up. Wait mind stop thinking that. No bad brain, Vince is an ass, but a cute one. I was countering myself with arguments when I finally decided to forget it and help Vince to the car.

            I grabbed onto his arm and wrapped it around me. I hugged him close and marched him out to car, thanking the employee on my way out. I buckled Vince up, and got in myself. He fell asleep, once again, so I couldn’t take him home. He probably called me so he didn’t have to face his sister and get into trouble. I reluctantly brought him back to my house, and luckily the boys weren’t home, or they would have spotted me dragging Vince inside.

            After twenty more minutes struggling with Vince to my house, I finally got him in, and laid him down on the longest couch. He fell asleep again instantly. It was only 3 o clock and I had time to spare still. I sat across from Vince and stared at him, not something I get to do often. He wore black jeans, with a matching white and black shirt; it was a v neck as well. It showed off the muscle he actually had. His hair was a black mess in his face. I pushed it away and smiled.

            I decided that while he slept I would go shower, and get ready for the sleepover. Corey had texted me saying I could just stay the night, so I got my duffel bag and started packing. I had finished packing, and wanted another shower. I hopped in quickly, and getting back out soon after to pick out clothes. I went with gym shorts and a t shirt, with my hair in a bun again. I thought it would be best to at least be comfortable. Once I was done and checked myself out I realized it was only a little while after 5 o clock. Still two hours to spare.

            A quick thought had crossed my mind, food. I hadn’t eaten since the day before and it was getting late out, so I decided to head to the kitchen. I was about as good at cooking as I was at playing basketball. Bloody terrible. That didn’t even begin to describe it, but I managed to know how to cook two things. Bacon and pancakes, breakfast for dinner could work right now. I started working on the pancakes; I made an extra one for Vince for when he woke up. I also grabbed some bacon and started frying it up. It didn’t take long to make such a small amount of food. It was still before six, but I figured that Vince would want up, and eat before going home to get ready for the sleepover.

            I walked over to where Vince was laying; he just looked peaceful and happy. I softly nudged him awake, once he opened his eyes he sat up quickly. He held his head in his hands and muttered quite the line of curse words before sitting up fully. I handed him some aspirin and a small cup of coffee I had prepared.

            “Come on its just barely six, the sleepover is at seven, take these, eat, and then do as you wish. The foods in the kitchen.” I walked back into the kitchen grabbing the food I had prepared. I sat down and started eating, only a few seconds later Vince had appeared, took a plate and sat down next to me.

            “Why?” He said.