Chapter Nine

I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. That was incentive enough to wake me up. I sat up and got off of the couch, I took a look around in the basement to see if anyone else was sleeping. I was the only person left sleeping; they all must have decided to just let me sleep in. I was grateful for that much.

            I decided after stretching I would go upstairs and meet everyone else. I crawled up the step quietly and opened the door silently, and outside in the kitchen I hear everyone talking. Before I went any further Vince’s voice stopped me.

            “You can’t just do this to her guys; it’s different this time okay?” He snapped

            “Look you did it to Sophia, and we still played, you won the last game, now we have another chance.” Matt chimed in.

            What kind of chance do they mean? I stood by the door trying to process the information they were unknowingly giving me.

            “Look” Zach began, “We have been playing this game since freshman year, and you have always participated. Why quit now?”

            “Gee, I don’t know, maybe because the last girl had gotten her heart broken and moved away as soon as possible!” Vince replied rather angrily.

            “Whys it even matter to you anyways? You barely even cared about her!” Corey shouted back.

            “Guys her life became a living hell okay? We can’t do that to Mel, we can’t keep playing this game.” Vince simply said.

            “How about we make a deal, give us until the end of the month to finish the game, if it isnt finished and none of us has won, we will call it off okay?” Kaden said.

            End of the month until what? What are they even talking about? This is starting to piss me off, everyone knows something but me.

            “I like her, therefore I’m not going to help you guys out, you are on your own.” Kate exclaimed.

            Well shit if she’s part of the game then I guess I can’t really ask her anything. But I might be able to pry something out of her. It is nice to know that Vince and Kate wouldn’t hurt me, but it would be nicer if they told me what was happening. Since I apparently have no idea, and everyone else doesn’t plan on telling me.

            “Kate’s right, I’m not participating or helping you guys, I’m done, you have one month.” With that Vince walked away, and you could hear him pass the door, in which I now stood behind.

            “It’s settled then; we have the rest of the month, better get to work boys.” Matt said.

            “Yeah, this will be just delightful.” Zach mentioned quietly.

            Just then it went silent, until Kate spoke. “I hope you guys loose this time.”

            I was starting to hope they would lose as well, since this game didn’t exactly sound fun for me. But they did leave me a clue, and that clue was Sophia. I would use everything I possibly could, to beat them at their own game.

            Before they could start arguing again, I walked out of the door. This startled them all, but I wanted them to think I was oblivious to the whole entire game.

            “Morning guys.” I said as I walked into the kitchen hopping onto the kitchen. “I smelled bacon, and hoped you hadn’t forgotten about me already.” I smiled.

            They all looked relieved, except for Kate, who looked like she wished I had heard everything. I did, but she didn’t need to know that, yet.

            “Just in time to darling, here are some pancakes and a bit of bacon.” Kaden smiled while handing me the plate.

            I took the plate and gladly dug in, forgetting the issues that had presented themselves. I finished eating within a few minutes and put my dished away. I tried helping them clean up, but apparently Corey had something different in mind. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I had started kicking his back and had started yelling at him. He didn’t seem to mind though as he lead my upstairs.

            “Corey let me go okay? I can walk to!!” I whined as I repeatedly hit his shoulder.

            He only glanced at me before continues his walk up the steps.

            “Eh but my way is the best? Don’t you agree Mel??”

            “No I certainly do not agree.” I struggled to get out of his hold on me, which was impossible.

            He finally set me down in front of the bathroom.

            “Get a shower, and then I am taking you out, okay?”

            I raised my eyebrow, “Who said you could take me out?”

            He simply shrugged. “You don’t have a choice in the matter to be completely honest, But don’t worry it will be fun! Just you and I for the day, okay?”

            This could help me figure out the plan; I decided to go along with it.

            “Fine, i'l be down, what should I wear?” I asked.

            “Who cares, you look stunning no matter what anyways!” He leaned down and kissed my cheek, “Here is your bag, get ready.”

            With that he walked back down the hallway and down the stairs. While I stood there blushing, looking like an idiot of course. I went in the bathroom, and stripped down quickly jumping in the warm shower. I quickly did what I needed to do and finished in the shower. I was stepping out of the shower wrapping my towel around my body, when someone just happened to walk right in. This wasn’t the first time it had happened either.

            Once again I froze, and looked up to see my intruder and I was shocked. Goes to say I think we were both really shocked at the fact that I was half naked, and he was witnessing all of it. This was quite embarrassing, and I’m pretty sure it was awkward for the both us.

            I blushed awkwardly, “ We should really –“