Chapter Twenty Seven

I put down my plate and looked Kaden in the eye. “We can ask anything we want, and the other has to answer it.” I finished.

            Kaden seemed to think over the idea for a minute or so and finally came across and answer. The gleam in his eye showed me that he wanted to keep the game interesting; he wasn’t the type to ask what my favorite color was. He would be the type to go all out and make the game worthwhile. It’s a good thing that I had a few good questions up my sleeve as well.

            “Deal.” He said and pushed out his hand to shake on it.

            I grabbed his hand and shook it. I wanted to make these questions worth it, and I’m sure he wanted to as well.

            Kaden had no idea what he was in for. This would be one hell of a game.

            Why? Because I have a plan, a plan in which I will get the answers I want.

            “You first Kaden.”

            Kaden shook his head and thought for a few seconds. “What do you appreciate most in your life?”

            My eyes widened a bit and I thought the question over. “The chance I have been given to have a better life.” “What do you want to be when you grow up?”

            Without a beat Kaden answered. “A doctor, I love science and medicine and I would one day like to help other people who need it.” “How long was your last relationship?”

            I blushed slightly and truthfully answered the question. “I haven’t dated anyone, unless you count in first grade when we ran around marrying each other. In that case about an hour.”

            Kaden began laughing. “But how? You are the prettiest girl I know, and somehow you have never had a boyfriend?”

            “I guess I never fell for anyone.” I sheepishly replied.

            “I can’t say much myself, because I still haven’t fallen in love.” Kaden admitted.

            “That’s hard to believe.” I told him.

            Kaden rolled his eyes and smiled. “Anyway,” I began. “Have you ever broken someone’s heart?”

            Suddenly Kaden looked rather serious and seemed afraid of his answer. “One.”

            I gave him a look that showed him I didn’t believe him. “Fine, I have broken many hearts, I regret that.” “Who was your first kiss?”

            Again I felt the blush creep up my cheeks. “You.”

            Kaden had a look of surprise.”I didn’t expect that.”

            “How many boys do you think I have kissed?” I asked him.

            “I didn’t think you kissed a good bit of guys, but I thought a girl as pretty as you would have had her first kiss stolen awhile back.”

            I looked at Kaden and shook my head. “No I haven’t had it stolen, congratulations for being my first!” I teased him.

            He smiled and seemed rather pleased with himself.

            “Why did you break so many hearts?” I asked him.

            Kaden looked into my eyes and seemed to expect the question to appear at any moment. “It was part of a game.”