Heavy X Reader

For Newhuha123. This is a challenge...but it's a beautiful challenge. Enjoy~

You sat in your room that night, feeling very, very, very, bad. You won the battle today, sure, but...it was a very close call. If Scout hadn't retrieved the intelligence from the enemy Spy, you would've been in big trouble.
But that wasn't all of it. Heavy had to come save your skin and injured himself in the process. The knife that was meant for you, stabbed him on the arm instead. Sure it might seem like a no-big-deal situation, and he's said so himself, but he was injured because of you. You couldn't help but feel guilty afterwards.

Unfortunately, the next thing he said was like a hit to the gut. You still recalled the subtle disappointment in his voice making its way into your ears.

"You are mercenary. Act like one. Focus."

Just then, a female member, Penny, another soldier, blasted the enemy sentries and proceeded to yell out to the others to hurry the fuck up before they recover.

You looked up at Heavy who had the unmistakable look of admiration in his eyes. Your heart wrenched as he shifted his gaze back to you once more.

"You should be more like her."

You bit your lip. You remembered how he went back to go find Medic and left you there with your mouth parted, trying to think of an acceptable excuse. There was none and you two haven't talked since then.

Well, what now? What do I do? How can I show him that I can do it?

You flopped on your bed and groaned. You hated disappointing the intimidating Russian...and you really did want to make it up to him. And then it hit you: He wants you to be stronger!

"Then I'll do it! I'll be stronger-"

A loud knock suddenly interrupted your thoughts, followed by your good friend Engie's voice.

"(Y/N) darlin', dinner's ready."

You smiled at the Texan, he was so caring, so nurturing, and so soft spoken- he could be the mother of the group!

"Helmet mom..." you whispered with a giggle as you tried to compose yourself once more and give a sensible reply, "ok, I'll be right down!"
And with your word, you took off shortly and to meet most of the team downstairs.

Timeskip

At the dinner table, the mercs were mostly quiet; the fatigue of today robbing their energy to speak. Even Scout, who liked to talk, said nothing and ate quietly like the others.
You finished your dinner quickly and excused yourself to your room, where you started making plans on your "transformation". So Heavy wanted you to be more like Penny huh? Well, he's gonna get something better:

(Y/N) 2.0!

Timeskip

It was war again. Bombs were raging everywhere, bullets were flying like crazy, and screams of pain and determination filled the air.

...don't forget the scent of bloodshed...

Today may seem like a normal, regular routine for everybody, but you knew better. This was going to be the day that you'll show your stuff: you'll show everybody, especially Heavy, that you do belong here.

You can be strong...

You got info from your Scout that the enemy Medic and Heavy were coming to try and steal your Intel. You volunteered to keep watch while the others prepared to hold off the other adversaries. In a few moments, the opposite team did come in swarms, hoping to overwhelm yours with their number. It worked for a short while until your team got their head back in the game and held their ground. They stood firm in their posts while you went off to keep a closer eye on the intelligence.