A Visit to Uncle Heavy (Medic X Reader)

Something I came up with out of boredom. Really short and random XD. Hope ya like it though!

(N/C)- Name of Choice

You and Medic are planning on visiting Heavy and his family in the States for the holidays after getting an invitation from the Russian. At the moment you were in a quaint little house in Germany, where you are currently residing with your husband and beautiful baby daughter (N/C).

She was going to be two years old in three months! You and your husband could hardly wait for the occasion and would make sure to cherish every single moment of her infancy: Her first steps, first words- which is basically "Awchimedee" and "mama"- and first set of teeth! Oh yes, she did look so adorable with only the two front teeth present. Your husband even caught a ton of photos of her smiling!

If nothing gets in the way of the trip, then that means it'll be (N/C)'s first time travelling out of the country. Your husband did the pleasure of checking her vitals in advance to ensure that she was okay and ready to go. You, on the other hand, are currently contemplating on whether to bring more diapers or more baby formula: You need to think fast because the supply will be limited during the time of travel. You never really thought about this in your youth, but raising a child did come with hassles and joys.

A high squeal brings your attention back to the crib in the middle of the room. You beam as you walk towards the wooden cradle that holds your precious little angel, who's now gurgling with delight at the sudden presence of her mother. (N/C) was busy chewing on her foot- which she had already discovered a long time ago, but apparently still takes her by surprise.

"Hey there," you coo, scooping up the child in your arms. Her squeals got even louder, which was soon followed by a low growl at having her foot chewing interrupted. How dare you.

After a few more incoherent syllables, baby (N/C) raises her weak fists and hits you softly on the face and shoulder: Seems like she's still not used to her body yet! Soon afterwards, you and the baby's gazes shift to the doorway, and once the tiny person registered who had just arrived, she squeals shrilly once more and brings her chubby arms out as far as she is able.

"Awchimedee!"

"Mein Taube!" Medic exclaims, eagerly taking his daughter from your embrace to have a turn in carrying her. (N/C) laughs gleefully as she takes in the familiar scent of her daddy; yes, it makes her feel safe and warm. It was just like mommy's but a bit different- they're both good though. She likes both their smells especially when it's time for naps!

"Are you ready to visit Onkel Heavy mein Taube?" Medic asks, kissing the baby's fluffy cheek as she softly wraps her hand around his red tie; not much of a response on the doctor's part really. You could only laugh at the childish interaction before you as you fixed dinner.

"When are we leaving honey?" you ask, never taking your eyes off of your husband as you placed the baked potatoes onto the dinner table.

Medic then turns to you with a hopeful glint in his marvelous blue eyes and says solemnly: "Two days Schatz. Ve'll be leaving in two days."

***
Two days came by like a swift flick of a wrist, and before you knew it, you were already in the States and standing outside the Russian's door whilst waiting for it to open to let yourselves in.

"Are you ready Schatz?" Medic asks, straightening his dark, faded coat and dusting off the unsightly mounds of snow that have piled up on his broad shoulders.

You nod with a smile before turning your attention back to (N/C), whose attention was momentarily stolen by a neat piece of button on your chest. She gripped at it and groped about, satisfying the curiosity she had obviously inherited from her father. Because your hands are full, your husband thoughtfully took it upon himself to fix the red ribbon on the baby's garment hanging a bit askew from all the traveling.