Blind!Medic X Reader (L)

(L)- Lemon. No like no read.

Anyway, this is dedicated to GinaTaylor900 who wanted some lemons. Thanks to all those who read this book and make my day with likes & comments. Enjoy your Medic sex loves! :*

Screaming.

It was the first audible sound you heard coming from the doctor all day. You came running to find him writhing on the dusty ground with thick red blood profusely flowing from the upper part of his face. You couldn't really place where his injury took place for the German was covering it with his broad gloved hands. His yelling was so intense that you could feel his pain crawling unto your skin, now forming goosebumps and turning pale. Quickly, you knelt before him and looked back to call for Engie or anybody who might be of assistance.

"Dell, Mikhail, anybody- HELP!"

"We're comin' darlin'!" hollered Dell as he carried his dispenser on his shoulders. Behind him, you could see a clear view of Heavy running alongside Scout.

"He's in real bad shape- is respawn still off?"

Dell scratched his head. "Unfortunately, it still is darlin'- and probably won't be back on till three days."

"Three days?!" you shouted, cradling the injured doctor in your now bloody arms. "Dell- Medic's in trouble! He could die if respawn isn't on now!"

"Nein...nein," Medic groaned shakily as he placed a soaked hand on your shoulder. "I'll be alright. It's just bullets to zhe eyes- I might be blinded, but not dead."

It surprised you how calm the doctor sounded despite the magnitude of the problem. It was almost as if he accepted not being able to see for three days and was completely ok with it. So reluctantly, you assured yourself that everything will be fine...both for the doctor and you.

Getting through the first day was tough: First thing in the morning and Medic is screaming that he was blind, not immediately remembering yesterday's incident. Then you had to get help from Scout in order to properly bandage the doctor's eyes. Meal times weren't that much fun either- Medic would get soup all over his clothes and those that were not liquid just spilled on the floor. It's not hard to believe tha by the end of the day, the doctor was in utter distress and was feeling very, how do you say, incompetent and burdensome.

"Liebling, I am so sorry...I didn't know it was this bad."

"Honey," you say as you playfully caress his stubbled cheek. "You aren't a burden...it's fine. I like taking care of you- the same way you've been taking care of me."

"But it vas my job as doctor and-"

"-it's my privilege as your girlfriend to care for you when you need it."

Medic's face warmed as he awkwardly patted your face, looking for your lips. He then leaned in and kissed them as he sighed sadly, "I love you."

You gripped his hand and nuzzled your face into the calloused skin as you returned the loving gaze he held for you. You just wanted to help him out, and not make him feel as though he was just an obligation. He already felt bad enough as is- not being able to do his beloved job and all.

As for the doctor, he grudgingly accepted the fact that he might have to stick with this lifestyle for some time and has decided to put himself to work on getting used to it as a norm. Even though Josef knew that this meant the delay of future medical projects and experiments, he didn't seem to mind it as much as he thought he would: He knows you'll be there with him all the time now...and strangely, that was enough for him, unlikely as it may sound.

Of course, he was more than frustrated to find out that respawn still wasn't on and functioning as it should after the long awaited three days. But on a side note, he has been getting a lot of compliments from you lately: Like how he managed to descend down the flight of stairs by himself, eat soup without any help from you, and even recognizing his doves from one another simply by touch. You hadn't passed up the opportunity to tell him what a good job he's been doing, and hearing them made the doctor crave for more as time passed- no, not the petty ones like climbing down stairs or telling Socrates from Archimedes, no, he's had his fill of that- now he wanted something monumental.
And soon, a smile found its way on Josef's face as he quickly formulated a plan- thanks to his natural genius and quick thinking- that he knows will elicit those sweet words out of your mouth.