My roommate, My best friend, My boy toy?.... (Brandon)

I was spending quality time with my "crew," which consists of my three best friends. Mikayla, the animal lover, Robin the loud weird but caring type, and lastly Veronica the silent but deadly. I swear, we have the weirdest combination. Me? Well I'm kinda like the glue, always keeping us together. "So Noelani, how's your 'boy toy'?" I shot Robin a glare before speaking. "I told you were not together, were just friends." I said rolling my eyes and taking a swift sip of my coffee. "Ok, sure." She said holding out the r. Mikayla giggled at our argument but changed the subject quickly. I was happy she did, I didn't like talking about Brandon in front of them. "Lani is everything Ok, you seem a little off lately." She said concern in her voice. "Yeah, everything's fine I just, I don't know, I think it's Brandon." I said not looking at either of them. "Is it because of Hezekiah?" Veronica deadpanned. My face went pale as they mentioned my boyfriend's name. I knew he didn't actually love me, he was gonna dump me sooner or later. As if on cue, my phone buzzed. I looked down at the message and felt streaks down my face. He dumped me. I felt like crawling in a hole and dying. "I gotta go." I said standing up and walking out. And without another word I left.

I got home and Brandon was on the couch like usual. "Brandon." I whined to him like a four year old. I showed him the text and he looked pissed and another emotion I can't quite make out. I sat there and out of nowhere he grabbed me and hugged me. I was surprised and tensed up, but calmed down and hugged him back. He smiled at me, an actual one. "I'm so sorry." He said and had tears in his eyes. "No, no it's Ok, I'm glad because I can spend more time with you." I said brushing my hands through his thick brown hair. He didn't look straight at me anymore. I walked to my room and fell on my bed. I grabbed my phone and earbuds. I went straight to my music. I put on "Sorry" by Justin Bieber.

Yeah
Is it too late now to say sorry
Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Is it too late now to say sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now
I'm sorry yeah
Sorry yeah
Sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now

I'm not just trying to get you back on me
Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Is it too late now to say sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now
I'm sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now
I'm sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now

I sung the lyrics barely over a whisper. I heard my door creak open slightly. I saw Brandon come in to my room. I ignored him and kept on listening to the music. I smiled when he laid down next to me. I rolled over and stared at him. He just stared back at me, enjoying the silence. "Noelani...." He said trailing off looking at the ceiling finding it interesting. "Yes, Brandon?" I smiled and snuggled into his side. "Noelani, I-I think I l-love you." He said, I was astonished at his confession. "I love you too." I said smiling up at him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "I'm your boy toy."