Colors

I walked down the grey trail with my grey dog and I zipped up my grey jacket since the wind slowly started to pick up slightly. I've been colored blind for as long as I can remember, I can only see in shades of grey. Doctors haven't been able to fix my condition, they're tried multiple times but seem to fail everytime. I was walking to my favorite cafe, which was also my work. I decided to bring Storm with me. The pound told me she was a pure whit husky mix with one icy blue ey and the other was hazel. We travel together all the time and she's my service dog. I love her to bits and I decided to get her out of the house, plus it was my day off. I opened the doors to the small shop and made my way to the front counter. My life long friend, f/n, had her back turned to me as I approached the counter. She turned and gave me a huge smile. "Ah! I wasn't expecting you to come in!" She squealed, hugging me over the marble table and asked me what I wanted. "Mocha latte please." I say, digging through my purse for my wallet. I finally grabbed it and I handed her a ten, she then gave me my change. I leaned foward and onto the counter, watching f/n mimick my actions and rest her elbows on the marble. "So I was thinking about going to the art shop down the road, that is if you want to go." I smiled, petting Storm as she sat on my foot. "Sure, I'll tell John to let me go early." She replies, taking off her appron and walks to the back where our boss was located. I feel a pair of eyes on me and I look back, still bent over. An older man was sitting in a booth that was in the corner. Telling by the chades of grey I was guessing he was a blonde with either blue or brown eyes. It seemed that he was talking to himself until I was movement on the other side of the booth. I turn back around and f/n has gathered her things together. "Alrighty let's go, we're taking the bike." She clapped her hands and dangled the keys in front of my face. "Ooh, but we have to drop off Storm." "Nah she'll be fine." F/n reassured, walking out to her motocycle. She say on the grey seat, turning the grey keys in the grey key slot. Ugh...I hate the color grey, I just want to see some color. I sit behind her, pulling on the extra helmet over my head and scoot back to make room for Storm. She jumped up and sat between me and F/n, yipping in excitment. "Ok, hold on!" She yelled and revved the bike, bolting down the road. It only took about a minute to arrive at the little shop. I hopped off and Storm followed close by, never leaving my side. "Be free fluffy one." I giggle, unclipping her leash but she didn't move away from me. "Good girl." I praised, scratching behind her ear. The three of us made our way inside, greeting the little old lady at the register. I started walking around, thinking of what I wanted. I grabbed a basket and found some brushes, canvases and interesting shades of paint. Well I mean I couldn't see the colors but I could read them. Me and F/n were in the paint section and I was asking if this paint went with this one.  I felt a soft tap on my shoulder, causing me to turn around. The same guy from the cafe stood before me. "Yes?" I question, confusion threaded through my words. "Well, my friend over there thinks you're cute and yeah," He explained, pointing over to a boy in another aisle, looking at ceremic vase. But he wasn't any ordinary guy, he stood out from everyone else. He was colorful. A black leather jacket fell over his shoulders, complementing a bright blue shirt and navy jeans. His hair was a chocolate brown, matching deep brown eyes and a bit of stubble. The vase he was holding was a pure whit but right when he let go it turned grey again. He picked up a pack of brushes, shades of red, blues and yellows lit up my eyes. Right then and there, I knew, he was my soulmate.