Too Late...

Italics: Thoughts

Italics: Flashbacks

Italics: Thoughts from flashbacks

I was too late for her, too late for the hospital, too late to watch her go. She left me 3 years ago and it's too late for me to tell her my feelings. I walk up the hill to our usual meeting place. The grass danced in the light breeze. I sit down and twirl the rose in my hand, remembering when I picked it. 

"Brandon she might not like it, I mean she is picky about her things." Curtis says, waiting for my answer. "Yeah, I know, but still...it reminds me of her." I reply, looking up to the brunette. "Well ok then, that's fine, just tell her that." He smiled. I hope he's right about this...

I watched the sun start to set and I sighed, waiting for the girl I love, she was taking forever just like she usually does. How long does it take to get ready to see me? My thoughts question myself. "I have no idea, don't ask me." I answer out loud, rubbing my face. I rested my heavy head in the palm of my hand, thinking about the beautiful girl that I know. 

"Calm down, I'm almost done , Brandon, I just have to do my hair." She smiled at me from the bathroom doorway. I can't believe she said yes to me for prom. I smile at my own thoughts, watching her concentrate on trying to look perfect. But she already is...why can't she see that? Girls are so complicated. I sigh waiting for her to finish.

She left me for Tom that night...even thought he left her for that one slut that gave him head behind her back. I scowl at the thought of that dumbass that all the girls liked. All he did was break her heart, get back with her, get in her pants and then repeat. I hate him, WITH A BURNING PASSION OF FIRE!! I mean...what? She deserved someone so much better, but she was blinded by love. 

A light knock came from my door. "Coming!" I call, pausing my game and pull a shirt on. I open the door to reveal a Y/n in tears. He makeup was smeared and her eyes puffy. "Tom broke up with ME!" She cried, bringing her hands up to her face to wipe away the tears. "Aw, c'mon, I have ice cream." I opened the door more for her to come in. She sniffled and sat on my couch as I grabbed the cookie dough ice cream and two spoons. That douche bag...

I couldn't believe that he did that to her! That was such a dick move. Then he asked her out the next day. I was broken and I missed my chance, once again. I sigh in annoyance, closing my eyes. Good memories, good memories, good memories.

"No!" She giggled as she grabbed the cookie mix box. "You we're supposed to put sugar not salt!" She laughed, pointing to the word sugar on the box. "Oh..." I reply, looking at the salt in the bowl. "We'll just dump it out." I whispered causing her to laugh harder. I dumped it into the sink and she fell on the floor from laughing s hard. "Then we'll add extra sugar." I whisper, pouring in a whole bunch of sugar. She wiped the tears from her eyes and looked to me. "Your such a dork." She giggled.

God I'm retarded... I laugh at my thoughts and feel her presence. "I've been waiting for you." I smiled, knowing she wouldn't answer. "I brought this for you," I blindly place the rose out to the concrete. I know that if I close my eyes she will leave, just like she did before. "I'll go now, Curtis is waiting for me." I say, opening my eyes and look around. She was gone. "Y/n I have something to confess to you...I love you, a lot." I smiled, whispering to the tombstone in front of me. I traced the letters of her name with my thumb. The wind blew harder and I knew she was still here. "I know it took me forever but it's true, love." A tear slips from my eyes. "I just wish I would've told you earlier.." I sobbed standing up and made my way back down the hill to the parked car. I hopped in the passenger seat, wiping my flowing tears. "Does she know?" Curtis asks, looking towards me with a ping tone of sympathy. "Y-yeah, she knows.."