Armed Burglary Part 1

~Brandon's P.O.V~

Finally I can sneak into this damn house.

I've been watching this place for months, waiting for the owners to go on business trips or something, now that they're out of the house on a vacation, this should be pretty easy.

I was currently climbing through one of the back windows. My gun fell and I watched as it hit the floor with a loud crash that echoed off the walls.

I finished moving into the house, closing the window behind me, pick up my gun and start to casually walk around.

I hum some tune from the back of my head as I start shoving priceless jewelry and such in my backpack I brought along with me. I made my way up the stairs, a grin spreading across my lips as I found the number one part of the house.

It was a room that had three padlocks, a number code and multiple chains surrounding the door. I take out my garden clippers, snapping off the chains and padlocks one by one. Since I've been watching them for a while, I know that number passcode.

44538.

My fingers press the button gracefully and hold my backpack with both of my hands as the door works it's magic. It was like a jar opening for the first time, a loud pop ringing to my ears as my smile widened.

The door swung open slowly and I couldn't see much inside because of how dark it was. I grab my flashlight from my bag and shine it inside, I scanned the right part of the room, nothing.

I move the light to the left part of the flooring and see a leg of a bed.

What?

I slowly trail upwards and to the top of it. There's a foot connected to a leg which is connected to a torso. I shine the light up to where a head should be. A gasp leaves my lips as my grin disappears and my stomach drops.

Two eyes are staring directly into the light and a whimper is heard.

"P-please, just k-kill me..." I hear her say just above a whisper. I slowly make my way towards the girl, examining the position she was in.

Her body was limp and a chain was around her ankle.

"You're not father, who are you?" She asks softly, extending an arm out to me.

"My, my name's Brandon, who are you?" I probably shouldn't have said my name but my focus was on something more important.

"Im Y/n, the daughter of the Smith's that was "kidnapped."" I remember the article being in the newspaper years back. She's been here the whole time?

I search through my bag, pulling out a bottle of water and open it for her, helping her take a sip. She gulped it eagerly, handing it back to me when it was empty and sighing gratefully.

"Why did they hide you away like this?" I questioned, placing the bottle back into my bag and looked up at her.

I noticed her eyes fall to her bruised wrists and a few tears pricked at the corners of them. She let out a heavy sigh when her eyes then adverted to the ceiling and then back to me.

"So they could get money from the town to help look for me, people still send in stuff for them because of me being missing, hoping they find me again even though I've been here all along." She replied in a shaky breath, hugging her legs to her chest.

"But why are you here? I've never seen you before and my parents are the only ones that know the codes to the locks." I didn't really know to answer that without being or sounding like a total asshole.

'Oh yeah, I'm just here to rob your house and accidentally found you where I thought I was gonna find gold or some shit.'

I shifted uncomfortably in my crouched position and chuckled nervously.

"Well, I was originally gonna loot the place and scatter but then I found you." I said back to her, noticing how quiet she became.

"Your parents are out on vacation..." I added right after and looked up to her again.

"Ill scratch your back if you scratch mine." She had finally mumbled, causing my face to scrunch up in confusion.

"If you help me get out of here, I'll show you all the places they keep their most expensive valuables." She coughed slightly after she finished her sentence.

My head nodded and I stand back up, walking over to the chain that was connecting her to the wall. I used the branch cutters and broke the shackle, causing it to fall off her ankle.

"Deal, but you're coming with me, I don't need you ratting me out." I sigh, slightly regretting the decision I was making but had to go with it either way.

"Check the office, father keeps all of his valuables in a safe under his desk." She states, standing up and using the bed for support.

"Okay, will you be ok by yourself for a few minutes, maybe grab a few things that you need?" I ask, standing at the door frame and turning back to her. She nodded and I felt bad that she had to go with all of this.

I didn't really have a choice either, I just hope she didn't ruin my plans to skip town. My head shakes as a flow of 'what if' scenarios started running threw it.

"Focus Brandon, focus." I growl under my breath as I get into the office and slide myself behind the desk.

The safe had a number code on it and I couldn't think of anything it could be.

"It's 44538." A voice said to me, causing me to jump and peak over the desk. Y/n was standing there, a black back pack lazily slung on her shoulders and she was laying all her weight on the door frame.

My eyes move back to the safe and I start fiddling with the lock, realizing it was the same code as earlier and mentally face palmed. The familiar pop of the safe opening sounded like music to my ears and I quickly flung it open with a wide grin spread across my face.

Distant cop sirens were heard and I frantically pulled open my own back pack and started stuffing it with the money I had found.

"Alright princess, time to go." I zip up my back pack, place it back on my back and pick up Y/n.

"W-what!?" She squealed as I held her army style and ran down the steps of the house. She might've been weak but damn was she loud.

"Shush, just buckle up and stay low." I mutter, placing her in the passengers seat and closing her door before running to my own.

I swing it open, throwing my bag into the back part of the inside of my truck and jump in. I quickly pull the key out, shove it in the ignition and slam the door closed.

"Alrighty, I hope you're okay with Vegas because that's where were heading to." My eyes stayed on the road and I stepped on the gas.

Then we were off to Sin City

A/n: OH MY GOD, I UPDATED FOR ONCE?! Yes I'm finally back! I now have a update schedule but I was supposed to upload this chapter yesterday but I got sick. So I'll be updating this story every other Saturday and if I'm feeling confident, I'll update maybe every other Sunday or Monday inbetween. But stay tuned for the second part of this one shot!