1 - London is waiting

I was so excited. I was finally going to London. I'd never been there before, but I always wanted to travel to the city, seeing all the popular locations, like London Eye, London Bridge and the House of Parliament. And of course, the famous street which was first established after the book novels of one of the most famous detectives of all time; Sherlock Holmes.

I had always been a fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories of Sherlock Holmes and his companion Dr John Watson. I had grown up with those stories and read them several times. I had also seen number of movies and series where actors played this famous character and my favourite was, of course, the modern version. The one with Benedict Cumberbatch, the man of many girl's dreams. Including mine.

I knew that they were about to start filming series three this month thanks to the fans on Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter, but I didn't know when they would start. The university started 22th August, a week from now. That would give me some time to get to know the city, and time to pay a visit to North Gower Street. Maybe I have a chance to run into them, but luck wasn't something that happened to me often.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't find time for it. I had gotten into one of the art universities in London. Art was also something I loved from my childhood. Often after school, I would sit down to draw for several hours.

It was something I wanted to evolve and to get better at. Also writing and reading books were a big part of my life, but art was the biggest one. I liked to draw anything really. Anything that came to my mind. If I were sad, I could draw a landscape, covered by the darkness of the night, expressed in my own emotions with the full moon on the sky. If I were happy, I could draw whatever I loved, for example animals like horses with their majestic movements. Also, of course, I had done many drawings of Benedict and his characters. That was what I enjoyed the most. I have spent a lot of time learning how to draw his face; his astonishing eyes, his cheekbones, his well-formed curved lips...
Well, you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I was on the plane from New York to London and excited in a way I've never been before.

I looked out the plane window and saw the clear, bright sky. I smiled, leaned my head back in the seat and closed my eyes.

This was going to be some three great years, I thought to myself. I just didn't know just how fantastic it would actually be.