11 - Busted

"Good morning, class!" Miss Inés said as she entered the classroom. "I hope you've all got started on your projects. Any one got questions?" 

"Yes, Adam?" 

"I just have to ask to understand it right, I get the one with the person we're gonna choose, but the other one, were we're gonna choose something that our favorite city has to offer, what does that involve? Can it be everything that the city has?" 

"It can be everything that's in the city. It's only up to your imagination," your teacher responded. 

"Creativity has never been my thing," Simon said to me and Amy and we chuckled. 

"Well, you are sitting inside an art college," I pointed out and he made a face that said I had a point. 

We started working on the project. Some sat in silence while others worked together. I was on my laptop, trying to find some ideas, and Amy did the same, I thought, until she leaned to her side towards me. 

"Hey," she said with a low voice, not to disturb the others. "Does Cumberbatch have a girlfriend?" 

I froze and just starred at her for a moment. Why is she asking me this? 

"What?" I asked when I managed to speak. 

"Here, look at this," she said and handed me her laptop. 

I took it, and on it were a photo of two people. It was Ben with a girl who had her back towards the photographer so I couldn't see her face, but Ben had his head turned so I could clearly see that it was him. Still, I could recognize the girl. It was me. The headline of the article said, "Benedict Cumberbatch' mystery girl?" and the words following, "The Sherlock actor, Benedict Cumberbatch, 35, has long known to be single, but has recently been spotted with this young girl. The photo was taken Saturday evening near the Lyceum theatre."

I scrolled down the article just to see another photo of us from yesterday at the Trafalgar Square. Thankfully, this didn't show my face either. 

"... They were also seen together yesterday at Trafalgar Square. Just could this be Benedict Cumberbatch' new romance?" 

Shit! What do I do? I know I should've known something like this would happen, but it just slipped my mind. The paparazzi's following Ben everywhere. How stupid of me. Okay, try to calm down. No one can see that that's me on the photo with him. It was from the night we watched the musical. 

"This girl, whoever she is, looks like you from behind," Amy said and made me snap out of my nervous self. 

"Wh- what do you mean?" I asked and hoped she wouldn't notice my shaking voice. 

"Well, her hair looks just like yours," she stated. 

"Many people have brown, curly hair, Amy," I  said. 

"Well are you okay? Since he's your big crush and all," she asked and seemed interest in my reaction. "No offence, but you don't look so good." 

"I'm fine, I just... I need some air," I said and left the classroom. 

Simon saw me leave and turned around to Amy. 

"Where's she going?" he asked. 

-------------------------------------------- 

As I got out, I breathed in the fresh air. i walked around the corner and leaned against the wall. 

I took out my phone and bumped it against my palm sometimes while trying to figure out what to say to Ben. I wonder if he's seen it too.