8 - Under the Sky

Sunday, a day to be lazy and just lay in bed most of the time. And that's what I was planning to do, hadn't I got a surprise text when I checked my phone after I woke up.

It was from Benedict.

He asked if I was free today and wanted to meet him. Of course I said yes. I got dressed in a white summer dress to go with by brown leather jacket and my white ballerina shoes. I put the new sketchbook in my purse and texted Benedict again. We agreed to meet each other at Buckingham Palace.

-----------------------------

"So, did you tell me to meet you here so you could return that ashtray?" I joked as I saw Benedict standing outside the Palace with his back facing me.

When he heard my voice he turned and a smile appeared on his face. He chuckled at my joke.

"Yeah, we might need to get out of here before they see me," he said still chuckling before he stopped and just looked me with his smile.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi," I replied smiling and then we started walking.

"How have you been these last days?" he asked me when we arrived to his car he had parked not far from the Palace.

"Good. The university is great and I've made some new friends," I told him while he opened one of the back door of his car. He took out what looked like a picnic curve.

"Seems like a good day to have a picnic don't you think? I hope you're a hungry," he said, closing the door and locked the car.

"You're full of surprises Benedict," I said.

"Please, call me Ben. Benedict sounds old and what you're saying when you're angry," he said and chuckled.

"Oh, I don't know. I kind of like it," I responded and he smirked back. I completely got lost in it.

"But, I'll use Ben if you like that better," I assured him when I snapped out of his beautifulness.

We walked in a little park not far away. Benedict led the way to a spot that was rather hidden from direct sight. We went through some bushes and arrived at a nice little spot, perfect for a picnic.

"How did you discover this place?" I asked, looking around.

"As a child, I used to play in the parks with my friends. We often did hide and seek and that's when I found this place. No one has ever entered while I've been here so I think we don't need to worry about that. You know, the paparazzi."

"So it's like a little escaping place?" I asked as he put down the curve.

"Sort of, yeah," he responded.

He took out a picnic blanket and placed it beside the curve. We sat down and then he took out some fruits and orange juice. I put my bag down beside the curvet.

"I have sandwiches as well if you want," he said and waited for me to answer.

"Yes, please," I said and he gave me one and took the other for himself.

"Thank you." I accepted the sandwich. He smiled back to me. It was one of his generous smiles that I loved maybe so much. Maybe more than I should.

"How's the shooting going?" I asked while we enjoyed the food.

"It's going great! We've nearly finished the last episode. I'm gonna miss it thought. The last day on set is always the most emotional because we're having so much fun doing it. We're like a family." Ben spoke with such joy and excitement, but yet there was some sadness in his tone as well.