2 - Totally unexpected

The plane landed in London in the afternoon yesterday. I got a room in a student housing, only a ten minutes' walk to the university. It wasn't much, but it had everything I needed. A bed, bathroom, closet and the most important thing, a desk where I could work.

It was noon, and I was walking towards the North Gower Street. I wanted to do that first in case I wouldn't find time for it later.

I kept looking at the map so I knew I took the right turns, but with all the people, it was quite hard to keep track. People kept pushing by, and then someone crashed into me so that I fell over and lost the map.

"Oh God, I am so sorry. Someone ran into me making me crash into you. I'm sorry," a man with a deep, soft voice apologized to me. The voice was somehow familiar to me.

We both looked at the map in front of us and stretched out our hands at the same time so they touched.

"Sorry," I said and quickly my hand away. The man grabbed the map before helping me up on my feet.

"Thank you," I said.
When I raised my gaze, I was met by a warm smile, which I recognized immediately.

The sight shocked me and I struggled to find the words to say. He looked down while smiling, understanding that I knew whom he was. Benedict Cumberbatch. The man was actually standing right in front of me. For real!

He was wearing a cap and sunglasses, black jeans, blue shirt and held a leather jacket in his hand. His black curls showed under his cap.

When I finally managed to get myself together, I chuckled.
"Sorry, I just- I never thought I'd meet you," I said and blushed.

He chuckled and kept smiling to me, making me blush even more.

"I don't know what to say, I'm stunned. Who would predict that I would run into you? Or actually you ran into me," I giggled and so did he.

"It's a small world," he said.

"Indeed. Anyway, I won't keep you occupied, you must be busy," I said.

"Oh, yes you're right. I'm supposed to be at the filming location in a few minutes," Benedict said and checked his watch on his wrist.

"You don't possibly mean for Sherlock, do you, in North Gower Street?" I asked him with a small hope that he would say yes.

"You're right. It's for the next season," he said and tried not to speak so loudly. It seemed like no one had noticed him yet. They were too busy trying to get moving in the crowd.

"I was just on my way there. But if you're gonna shoot there now, then I'll leave you to it," I said but I didn't actually want that.

"Nonsense, why would that stop you? The place is probably filled with fans already," he chuckled. Gosh, he was so sweet and beautiful.

"So you don't mind?"

"Not at all. Come on, we can walk there together," he said and started walking with me following.

What a way to start my time in London!

As we were walking, Benedict asked if I were here on holiday. He did hear that I didn't have a British accent. I thought it would be hard to talk properly because it was literally him, but it was surprisingly easy, and comforting.

"No, I'm going to a university here for three years," I told him.

"Really? What are you studying?"

"Art at Camberwell College of Arts."

"That sounds like fun I've heard it's a great university. I'm happy you got in. Have you been in London before?" he said with a happy tone.

"No, this is my first time. I've always wanted to go her, and now, here I am. And to top it all, with you by my side. I can't believe it. I knew there was a chance I could meet you but that I did is just a miracle."

I breathed in the fresh London air and Benedict looked at me, smiling.

"Where do you come from then?" he asked me.

"New York. You could say London is like a smaller version of it."

There was a brief pause and we both took in the surroundings.

"Hey, I don't think you've told me your name," Benedict said and looked at you.

"Eh...No, I didn't. How silly of me," I said fast and felt awkward. How could I forget?

Benedict chuckled and it made my heart beat faster.

"It's Clary. Clary Fairchild," I told him, and he stopped and reached out his hand. I kindly took it and it immediately sent a rush through my body. His handshake was firm but loving.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Fairchild," he said.

"Please, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr Cumberbatch."

We kept talking about many things all the way to North Gower Street. When we reached there, I could see that Benedict was right. The whole street was filled up. On one side, with the Speedy's restaurant, there were cameras and make-up artist and people who were working with all sorts of jobs to make this series possible.

On the other side of the road, there were barriers and behind them 'crazy' Sherlock fans. And when I say 'crazy', I mean that in a good way. Most of them were girls. I knew their feelings and their hope to catch a glimpse of the actors, especially Benedict. And here I was, standing beside the man himself.

How did I suddenly get so lucky? London had to be the city of luck.