The First Look

Mia's POV

Life does sucks while being in the final year of high school. Extra classes, pressure from parent and even the fear of lagging behind especially when everyone around is so competitive. I truly wonder what life will be like by next year...will I be going to university, or having a job ..or maybe I'll fail? The thought of getting failed terrify the heck out of me. No no no, c'mon I can't fail! I must pass yes I must pass.....but what if...

'Mia! Get ready , you are getting late. Hurry up!' my mom's voice broke the trail of my thought. I took a glance at the clock damn I was late! Hurrying to the bathroom, I quickly took a cold shower maybe that can help cool my mind a bit. I did the minimal makeup i can do with just cream and powder ,brush m hair and put on my watch. Lastly, I put on my school uniform, throw on my jacket and I was ready to go.

I took an apple to eat and walk as quickly as possible, school is just a mile away from my place just 10minutes walk so walking is as good idea. I reached school, gelding some files in my hand, surely I do look obediebtly, studious , dull and boring that's why I always used to be bully by those girls who were as apparently 'cool' and 'happening'. I walked by them as usual they rolled their eyes at me and whisper some of their inside jokes and to finish it off they laugh like maniac. It was fun to the reason of such reaction.

I walk out of the class waiting for one of my best friend to arrive , Sharon , she is my best friend...but not the bestest and truly maybe. I always felt being used by her , she used the fact that I am good at the technical side the most. And those friends conversation we rarely have one, it's always about her , her makeup, her family, her new look and what not. I just want to give up yet I can't because I rely on her I have no true friend. She used me for study and maybe I am using her to have a friend...which make me feel bad.

Lunch time is only the time that we hang out together but it's a group of three me, Sharon and Ana. Ana and Sharon seem to be more close to each other, they are always more comfortable with each other there is no awkwardness just pure friendship. I thought while looking at them.

'Mia, wanna go grab something to eat from the canteen.' Ana asked me. As I was about to say sure...

' Mia why don't you wait for us here while me and Ana go get the food?' Sharon interrupt who just didn't want to hang around me.

'Ok' I managed to say but I was dragged again by Ana towards the canteen but I didn't enjoyed their company I distanced myself from them. Look around everyone does bring a genuine smile to my face. Canteen is surely the one place where the emotion friendship is expressed the most. Taking selfies, dragging your friend just to have a cake , cracking jokes , it's all real fun. But suddenly someone managed to grab my attention....

"Her laugh make everyone happy,the way she talks entertain everyone but her actions doesn't reflect upon her. Her eyes doesn't reflect happiness. Cheerful from the outside yet broken from inside that's what I felt when I saw her. Among all the people ,all I could see was her. I couldn't stop looking at her. I felt the need of knowing her.

I want to know about her not that I don't know her she is Nicki, one of the popular girl from our batch. I don't just know her personally she is my classmate , I do two classes with her..Biology and English and damn this girl is so clever she just slay all the questions. As far I did know about her until now was just her dedication towards studying , the way she literally have the answer to all questions. And mostly she is never out of question, the teachers really appreciate her will power of learning more and more. But I learn something new she isn't as happy as she portray herself. I wish..one day I really know more about her by being a good friend of hers.

I kept looking at her ...of course she didn't notice me. I have seen her before but today it felt like the first time i saw Nicki the real her...her first look. My day dreaming was broken by the ring of the bell and I now need to rush for Biology class which means I'll see Nicki close to me as her place is just beside me. Maybe one day, she will be a friend of mine and I'll know her personally ..you just never know!

My first time writing, please bear with me. Critism is most welcome.