Cold?

Nicki's Pov

We reached back to the camp , hand in hand...until I saw all eyes fix at us like literally ready to attack us. We reluctantly moved away. All of them were scanning us from head to toe. It then clicked to me that things will get ugly now but I need to get a way to get out of this easily and protect both of us. I looked at Mia and she looked at me with a look of confusion. She had no idea what kind of talks will be around now.

'Nicki, where were you? And how did you get wet?' I heard Grace questioning me. All of my friends were waiting me to give a proper explanation as I was missing whole day. And I was with Mia, the 'not so famous girl' and all wet without having caught in rain! Such a bad situation but I had fun so it's worth it.

'Actually I went out for a walk I bumped into Mia she was out too and we explored around then the path was slippery while trying to get a good shot of the lake with the camera we slipped into the water.' I quickly make it up and signalling Mia to agree with me to which she simply nodded her head. First I noticed she got sad maybe because I didn't admit the truth that we planned to hang out then when I looked at her she nodded agreeing to me by being practical. She went away and I was taken away by my friends. I knew it because the real questioning was about to start now.

'Nicki we did warned you to stay far from her so what's going on?' Clara one of the leader of the English classmate of ours asked me in a damn serious tone as if I committed a sin! Isn't this purely overreaction? Damn I'm tired wasn't it better at the lake , in the water...my trail of beautiful thoughts got disturbed yet again though!

'Nicki are you even listening? Damn it we ate just concerned! Please understand!' She said on a very frustrating tone. So that's it! I don't tolerate anyone talking in a higher pitch than me!

'Oh c'mon just snap out of it! Ok just stopped! I'm freaking stucked with Mia just because all of you. So be thankful!' I said in faking angry tone when in fact I was having fun to think about how I am going to make them feel guilty and lose in their intention.

'What you are talking about' Clara asked in a rather low tone which indicate success of our plan as all of them get my attention clearly. Let's the fun begin!

'Yesterday all of you guys spike Mia's drink and I was with her trying to know whether she has anything against all of you because I simply wanted to save you from all but here..' I said in a hurtful tone when in fact I wasn't so hard.

' Really you are doing it for us?' Clara said looking extremely guilty for doubting over me.

' Of course yes!' I said going on with the flow.

' Ok fine go change Nicki and meet us afterwards and yes I'm sorry for not communicating well.' I heard them saying it was so satisfaction.

'Bye guys! See you guys later!' I said casually to them while I enter the tent and Mia was there.

Mia's Pov
I did felt bad when Nicki had to clarify our day out as something unplanned but I thought it was the best for avoiding unnecessary rumours. I enter my tent feeling damn cold I changed and I took my camera shuffling through the pictures I saw the night before pictures and they looked super cute. I stared at them for quite a while until Kate enter the tent with her list of questions.

'Mia what happened?' She asked in a curious tone.

'Nothing special just what you heard outside but yes Nick and I , we bonded quite well through this trip and I'm damn happy!' I said ending my feelings talks with a sneeze.

' I'm happy for you Mia , you didn't lost your best friend. You seem unwell should I get you something?' She asked in a worried tone.

' I'm fine, it's just a cold!' I assured her and she left the room while I try to sleep because I was feeling down with fever and cold.

Nicki's Pov

I entered the tent only to find Mia on the floor trying to sleep with pillows all around her. What's wrong with her? Who sleep at 6 pm when we are about to leave anyway by 10pm.

'Mia..what's wrong?' I asked trying to wake her up by moving her arms as she was whispering something which I can barely heard.

'Mia! Say something! It's me, Nick say anything! I said while trying to wake her up but no effect!

'It's cold' she said weakly while staring at me. 'I'm tired.. Don't leave. Please?'

'Cold , you are just careless!!' I snapped at her and the way she looked vulnerable immediately soften my heart and made me calm down in order to avoid making her cry while being sick just because I want to be her comfort.

' I'll make you warm then' that's all I could tell her as I slip into the bed sheet closed to her to which she immediately snuggled more into me taking all my warmth. She looked really sick but cuddling with me and with her body all over me right now make me think that she is my baby.

Miss Mia, it's a pleasure to be your source of warmth and comfort' I thought to myself as I take her closer more in my arms and she held my hands tight not letting me go.