Importance

Mia's Pov

Few days already passed, i am finding myself adjusting slowly without Sharon but i'm yet again finding myself relying on Nicki. Maybe not a great sign but whatever i'm simply going to follow my heart. It's not a bad deal anyways, Nicki is worth it. I glanced at the time, it was time to have breakfast and leave. I saw my dad and mom having a deep conversation which they stopped as soon as they heard me stepping in as usual.

'What you were talking about Dad, it seemed serious.' I asked Dad while buttering my bread.

'Mia, how is school going on? You are sure that you will passed the finals with good grades?'He ask while looking at his plate.

'I am working on it Dad, don't worry its going to be good.' I said while looking at him

'You are sure that you won't perform badly just because of a stupid reason that your best friend have left you?' He said while having his breakfast and looking sternly at me. Things are about to get ugly and i don't want a fight for sure.

'No , i won't Dad' I smiled at him assuring him.

'You should make sure you don't Mia, because the fault is within you itself at the end everyone leave you! So work hard! ' He snapped at me while leaving.

I looked on, its pointless to argue about this , my dad is strict and really unpredictable at time and i feel him be biased to my  brother and little sister but i guess he just care for my own well being , so  i should leave maybe. While leaving Mom stopped me.

'Mia, you are doing well right?'

'Mom stop, i'm fine i'm ok i know its my fault that everyone leave me i'll get used to it!' I angrily snapped back at mom with tears in my eyes.

'Mia i'm not asking about grades, its about you , you are not being troubled by anyone right?'

I realised that she was just caring about me and i just shouted at her for no reason. I should calm down.

'Mom , i'm fine truly in fact i got a new friend her name is Nicki she is really nice to me. I'll be good. I brushed away my tear and smiling at her. 

'Ok , now get going you will be late. Bye Mia , have a  good day.' She said smiling seeming satisfied. She waved me bye as i stepped out.

Reaching school nowadays , make me want to bumped into Nicki for any reason. But we are in different class so it doesn't happened unless we have English or Biology class. And i look forward for these classes now just to see her , it make me happy. Reaching the class settling down suddenly , a girl called Kate sit beside me and she start talking to me about the homework and other stuffs related to Computer Science. Firstly i felt weird because we never talked but then she approached me so i carry on talking with her about the subject and we decided to do revision work so it was nice that i finally have a friend in my class.

Nicki's Pov

I reached my class. It's a good day , any day i get to spent outside my house around my friends i feel nice about it. Why so? Simply because , sometime the idea of being at home scared me, too many questions and also fights so it tends me to stay away from that mess. I find myself trying to find someone around so many students , i realized that i'm looking for Mia.  It would have being good if i could meet her beside English or Biology class , i hope she feel the same about this.  

I love being around my friends, they are always there for me. Cracking jokes with them , staying with them , passing wrong comments and just talking nonsense with them is part of our daily routines. I do try to concentrate in all my classes though. But fun part of studying , is having friends. So today is yet another fun day to spent with the company of friends.

Mia's Pov

'Hey Mia, have you done the assignment research for the technical class?' Kate almost shout at me running after me to ask this.

' No, it was just given early morning , now its lunch time i think i'm going to do it at home and will search up some excuses i'm tired not in a mood to do this now' I said calmly with a weak tone.

'No , you should do it come on , let's do it! I'm going library , come you too complete it!' She said almost pulling me with her. 

'Damn Kate! I'm not a library girl! ' I said in a annoying yet not serious tone.

'Ok , you are not a library girl then what kind of a girl you are! ' She said with the same annoying tone bursting into laughter.

' I'm a computer girl, don't you know!' I said proudly raising up my head and looking at her. Within second we both start to laugh uncontrollable. 

'Damn I literally address myself as this just because it's my favorite subject!' I said shaking my head.

'Ok computer girl lets go to library in order to keep up with the title computer girl!' She said pulling at my hand.

'Ok lets go to the boring place.' I said following her.

 I love reading but i always prefer online reading. Holding a big book searching for information bored me and i can't concentrate especially if i'm at college and all tired. Its tough! But as i entered the library i saw someone who suddenly make me feel its great to be in a library!

Nicki's Pov

Its lunch time , i have to get to the library to do some study about Biology. I love going through all those books , it give me so much good notes. I find it useful. Library is that space which give me peace and help me concentrate more. But suddenly something happened which make me distracted.

'Hey hi,  what your doing here?'

'Hi Mia, its a library so i came to read' I said to him laughing at her , but i can see her getting embarrassed so i quickly changed the mood asking her another question.

'So what are doing in a library? You are mostly into computer right?' i said to her finally seeing her smiling wildly.

' Even the computer person must rely on your books sometimes Miss adviser' I said looking at her. She seem so free, i love being around her, it brighten up my day instantly with her smile.

We went to our work again i went to read my books. It was less reading but more staring! But i don't feel guilty about it. It was worth for looking her struggling to get her book. That frustration expression on her face. She seemed to be passionately involved among those books, no wonder she should stay away from books. I bet the books might get bored with her. But she is cute! I love library even more today.

Mia's Pov

That encounter with Nicki motivate me to really open these books but the problem is that i can never find what i want through these books , its so not there. I managed to get a few notes. I feel that the fact that Nicki is around me motivated me. Whenever i feel like giving up , i look at her and i get courage and feel like smiling. When she is around i feel like someone is looking after me... protecting me. I wish the time stopped , i love the library now. 

The lunch time get over. 

We waved bye to each other reluctantly. I see you around. Bye I went out looking back at her and smiling at her. It was such a good and non boring time.

'Hey Mia, you seem less bored. Library suits you i guess?' Kate said in a confusing tone.

'Nah, something beside the books and library made me happy. I realized the importance of something beside books and subject.'  I told her making her more confused but it was clear to me.. Nicki has become an important part in my life, i value her,  i can do anything to have a friend like her. She give me courage.