Birthday

Mia's Pov

As I laid my head over her lap and she stared at me. Her hands tangled with mine. It was just us. All of us nothing complicated. I wish i could freeze the time right now..no problem..no secrets .. no guilt. We fought , we break up , we make up again like nothing have ever happen. This is what our relation looks like.

'Babe, can I ask you something?' I try to start off a conversation as she plays with the strands of my hair. 'Ya sure love, ask anything you want.' She said while she was playing with my hair yet massaging it. It felt good and relax. 'If ever you learn that i am keeping a secret from you. You won't hate me right? ' I asked with pausing trying to get the exact words. She looked at me for a while. I was genuinely nervous to hear her response. It was a burden to me. 'Well it depends, if its a too big secret i might even leave you..you never know..' My heart almost missed its beat. I got scared. 'Anyways why such questions aren't we happy now baby..? I'm sorry for being rude come on let's not ruin it now.' She said while genuinely apologizing how I wish i could tell you love that i am messing up now. I'm so sorry. Just don't ever leave me.

'So your birthday is tomorrow, what is your gift demand?' She looked hell excited. ' I want YOU and this heart of yours' I said while pointing her heart with my hand and then we burst out with laughter. It was too cliche. 'Hey but seriously this heart is already yours so no worries' She said while winking at me. 'And you rule my heart so no worries.' I said winking back to her and we continue our uncontrollable laughter. 'I want each moment to be like now it is.' I whispered to her as i wrapped my arms around her neck engulfing her in a tight hug and she held her grip tight over my waist pulling me closer. 'I'll give you whatever you ask for baby. Tomorrow is going to be just me and you.' I felt her hot breath lingering over my neck  she whispered to me. 

Nicki's Pov

Today is Mia's birthday and I know for her what matters the most is me being by her side. So going to make the most of all I can to give her a perfect day. We have an evening time set up. Maybe more like a date? But its just got to be as special as her. The rest of the day is going to be at school where i can only catch glimpse of her.

When she passed near the empty classroom , i managed to grabbed her hand pulling her through the door closing it. She gave me a small questioning smile but didn't pull away from me. Pulling her closer to me i pressed my lips over hers and she melts into the soft kiss. I kissed her while my fingertips skimming the side of her face. She looked breathtaking to me. 'Happy Birthday My Love' I whispered to her softly in her ear as she giggled. 'Thank you baby.' She said taking a quick peck on my lips. 'Spent the evening with me today. You are all mine ok? Sharp at 6. Wait for me. I'll text you the place. I love you Birthday girl.'  I said as she wrapped me into a warm hug which lasted not too long but linger her scent and warmth to me.

Mia's Pov

Today is being a good day so far. Nicki wished me that too personally in college is quite an achievement. 'Ohh ..look at that flushed cheeks on the birthday girl face.' Kate start with her merciless tease. 'Come on stop Kate!' I slammed my books over her arms playfully as i found my cheek getting more warm and red. 'Why? Did something special happen? Is she proposing? Did you guys kissed?...or even more?' She launched a series of questions to me while being too much curious. 'Nah she is not proposing..' I said calmly while she looked more in dilemma.' Then why are you blushing and so happy?' Kate asked confusingly trying to join back a puzzle. Damn this girl. 'Because i got wished in a special private way by my love.' I said while winking at her. 'Ohhh private huh! I'll get you back promise' She said annoyingly.

The whole day passed without me having a glimpse of Nicki. I missed her. Glancing at the time. College time is over now I need to get home and be ready. My family doesn't really celebrate birthday so I can easily spent it with Nicki. Fitting into a perfect knee length black dress, with matching black shoes ,bracelet , watch and a sweater. I run out in order to avoid being late. I was hell excited. I was early. I stomp over the street while constantly checking time. It was past 6. She was late. I continue to double check time finally i could not take it. I dialed her number , she cut my call third time. I texted her countless of time. I was worried yet disappointed. I wish she could be here.  7 Pm and then i get a call.' Where the hell are you?' I snapped on her as soon as the call got connected. 'Hey I am currently with friends working over project work. We will meet tomorrow. Sorry for being late to inform you. Get home and text me.' She said with a nervous voice  and the call got cut without hearing me out. And i got it she is amidst with people where she can't acknowledge me. I felt horrible. Like is this a joke. Could this be a surprise , but still after waiting until 8 pm i realized it's my life truth. 

Dismayed ,with everything. I managed to gather myself and as i was trying to get off that place. My phone beeped with a call. I answered without checking the number and it was Ryan. Why the hell he always turn up in these kind of situation. 'Hello Busy Birthday Girl. You didn't make it to the Cafe. So i guess I am given only the chance to wish over the phone. Happy Happy Happy Birthday Miss Whatever.' He wished me while chuckling. 'Thank you' I whispered coldly and he noticed it surely. 'Hey what is this? Just a plain Thank you? Excuse me I want a treat!' He demanded clearly trying to cheer me up or dig in more to know about my mood. 

'I was about to get a treat but i got ditched badly at the very last moment. Everything got shattered! What do you expect now? 'I said while sobbing badly over the phone. He always manage to break me. 'Hey , hey look tell me where you are? Come on' He pleaded to me. 'No I am getting home. I'm fine.'  I managed to utter. 'At least let me walk you home? Please? If I am a friend i deserve this right?' He begged me constantly. And i gave in to him. Wrong or right i don't know. But i just want to feel happy.