Chapter 2:

Emma POV:

After finally getting my perp last night, I moved on to the next. Someone named Milah Gold. Divorced and a bail jumper, nice. I started gathering details on her, trying to find her. I found her ex husbands name, and the pawn shop he owned. I called the number to it.

"Gold's Pawn Shop, how can I help you?" A rather creepy voice answered.

"Hello, I'm looking for your ex-wife, Milah. She skipped bail and I'm trying to find her." I explained.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"Doesn't matter, have you seen her lately?" I pried.

"No, I can't say I have. Last I heard, she was involved with a man named Killian Jones." He said with a bit of bitterness in his voice.

"Any more information on either of them?"

"If I had anymore, I'd give it to you." He said. I could tell he would, just to see her be locked up again.

"Thank you, Mr. Gold." I said before hanging up.

I set about looking up this Killian Jones. I didn't find much in my first initial search. But I dug a little deeper and was rewarded with information about where he worked. There were no pictures though, so I had to make do with a name and place of employment.

I hopped in my car and headed to the docks, where he was a mechanic.

Killian POV:

Today was rather routine, fix a few boats, repair equipment, run of the mill things. Until she walked in.

The mystery woman I had been admiring from afar was here at the docks. She was talking to my boss, when he looked my way and gestured to me. She walked directly to me and stopped, looking me up and down. I was at a loss for words.

"Killian Jones?" She plainly asked.

I just nodded like a bloody idiot.

"I'm looking for Milah Gold. Her ex-husband said she had been involved with you."

That knocked me for a loop. I hadn't seen Milah in months, we'd split over two years ago after she'd cheated on me. No surprise, that's how she and I got together, an affair.

"I haven't seen her for months. What's this about?" I asked.

"That's not important. If you see her again, call me. Here's my card." She handed me a card with just her name, number, and email address, no information about what she was doing here.

"Will do." I said. And with that, she nodded and left. I was still stunned, not a minute after she walked out, I was kicking myself in the ass for not talking to her more.

"Oi! Lover boy!" My boss yelled over, "stop gawking and fix that boat!"

He smirked at me and I shook my head. I knew he was being playful, but I needed that to get my out of the trance that that Emma Swan left me in.

*****************************

Killian POV:

Three days went by, and every day she was in that same shop. I knew she saw me each morning, and the truth was I mostly came here for her now.

On the fourth day, she spoke to me.

"Still no sign of Milah then?" She asked from behind, startling me. I turned around and she hadn't been phased a bit. Her strict stance and facial expression told me she meant business.