Chapter 13:

Emma POV:

This was it, I could find my son now. The desk clerk had given Killian some information to get into the records. I followed them carefully, going to a website, clicking the icon to sign in, then entering the username and password. Then a new screen popped up. I now had access to all the sealed records, including where my son was.

Since I had no idea what his name was, I looked up his birth date. Of course I remembered it, it was the day I had to give away my happiness. As I scanned the records, it wasn't hard to find him.

Baby boy, born in a low security detention center in Phoenix, Arizona to Emma Swan. No father, I didn't want Neal to be connected to him anymore than he already was. If he found out, he would surely let his son down as well.

His name was Henry. He was in a group home in Boston. My heart dropped to my stomach, he didn't have a family. I didn't know if he ever had at all. I could feel the tears in my eyes when Killian put a hand on my shoulder.

"What is it, love?" He asked me.

I showed him what I found and he gasped.

"Emma, I'm sorry. You did the best you could in your situation, and just because he doesn't have a family doesn't mean he isn't loved." He tried to assure me.

"I left him, I thought someone would adopt him and take care of him." I put my head in my hands. Then adrenaline hit me. "I need to find him."

I stood up, prepared to pack a bag and make a trip to Boston right then and there.

"Hey, Emma. You can't go right now." Killian tried to stop me.

"Yes I can. My son needs me." I said.

"You can't just go down there and take him away." He warned me.

"Watch me." I stepped around him.

"You have to do this right, Emma, or you'll go to jail again and he'll never have a mother."

That stopped me. He was right, I had to go about this the right way. I couldn't just abduct him, that would get me arrested. Then I'd never be allowed to have him.

"I still want to go see him, he's my son. He doesn't have a family." I said.

"Okay, we can go see him. But you can't just talk to him." Killian said.

I nodded. I just wanted to see him, make sure he's happy.

"I'll go home to pack a bag. I'll be right back and then we can go." He kissed my forehead as he left my apartment to get ready to go.

I went to my room as well to pack a bag. I didn't know how long I would be gone so I packed for a few days, just in case. I sent Ruby a text to let her know I wouldn't be in the office for a few days, I'd be working from the road. Killian would have to make sure his boss knew he wouldn't be at work either.

With my suitcase ready to go, I set it by the front door and made sure I had all my essentials. That was when I heard a knock. It couldn't be Killian, he would walk straight in. I opened the door and was confused for a second, because no one was looking at me.

Then I looked down, there was a boy standing in front of me. The same little boy from the picture I had just seen on my computer when I looked at my son's information. He was a bit older, but I guess the picture wasn't up to date.