Chapter 29:

Killian POV:

I woke up the next morning warm in a bed, feeling safe and blissful. I opened my eyes and realized why. Emma was asleep next to me, dead to the world and looking so relaxed. She never let her guard down except when she was sleeping, so I laid there for a while and watched her. Her bare back rose and fell with each deep breath, her messy hair fanned over her pillow. I skimmed my fingers over her back, I thought perhaps it would wake her. But she didn't budge, she continued to sleep heavily. Eventually, hunger got the better of me and I kissed her head and shoulder before getting up and getting dressed.

I hadn't been in the kitchen for more than a few minutes when Henry marched in.

"Hey, Killian." He greeted me.

"Henry!" Bloody hell, I didn't know if Emma wanted him to know I stayed here last night. But he seemed unaware so I carried on like normal, hoping he wouldn't ask.

"You like my mom, don't you?" He bluntly asked.

"I, uh..." I stuttered.

"I'm not blind, you know. I am seven." He retorted. I smiled, he was unusually perceptive for a boy his age.

"If you like my mom, that's okay. You're pretty cool." He smiled as he made himself a bowl of cereal. "Just be nice to her."

"I promise, lad." I said with a smile. "How long have you known?"

"A couple of weeks. She's not good at hiding it." He said.

"Alright then." I raised an eyebrow over the counter at him. "Well then Henry, as long as your mother's asleep, we need to have a talk."

"About what?" He asked through the chewing he was doing.

"Henry, I want you to know that I'm not trying to replace your dad. I know you never met him, but you need to know that you do have one. If one day he wants to see you, don't refuse because of me. You need to make that choice on your own."

He thought for a second. "My mom said my dad and her were young when I was born, and they wanted to give me my best chance because they didn't think they could take care of me."

"Aye, your mother loves you so much. That's why she worked hard to make sure she could take care of you before she got you back."

"She said my dad can't do that right now. He's not ready, but when he is he might come see me. I get it, they want to do what's best for me. I can't be mad at them."

I beamed with pride. "Henry, you're wise beyond your years."

"I love my mom, I always have. Now I'm glad she can take care of me and she came back for me."

"There wasn't a day that she didn't miss you, lad."

Henry smiled. "If you marry my mom, I'll be happy. I know you're not my dad, but I can have two dads can't I?"

That knocked me for a loop. Of course I wanted a future with Emma, but I wasn't sure she was anywhere near ready to even think about it.

"Aye lad, if your mother agrees to it one day, we can be a family."

Emma POV: