Chapter 3:

Killian POV:

What am I doing? I can't be flirting with her, I can't get attached to her. The second she finds out my history, she'll run for the hills. All I've ever heard from anyone I told was to check my temper, because abusive tendencies can be inherited. I hadn't displayed any yet, but I supposed no one had made me angry enough. And I knew getting too emotionally invested in someone might trigger it.

I had to stay away from her. She seemed like a good person, innocent. She didn't need me corrupting her.

But then Milah had to call. I answered, of course. I did promise Emma and I hold up my promises.

"Hello?" I greeted dully.

"Killy!" She squealed with delight. "How are you? I miss you."

I could see the fake pouty lip now.

"Fine, and yourself?"

"Great! Hey, what do you say we get together? I haven't seen you in ages, let's get dinner or something." She asked me.

I almost said no, it was habit now. But then I remembered, if I get her to meet me somewhere, I can have Emma come too and lock Milah back up. I don't have to deal with my crazy ex-girlfriend anymore and Emma gets her pay day. It was a perfect win-win, except in Milah's case.

"Sure, why not. Granny's? Tonight at 7?" I casually suggested.

"Sounds great!" She enthusiastically replied. I knew what she was after, she wouldn't get it from me. "I haven't been there in forever."

"See you then." I forced myself to say.

"Bye!" And with that she hung up. I immediately dialed Emma's number.

Emma POV:

I didn't expect anything for a while from Killian. I was in my office for maybe an hour after lunch with him when I got a phone call. The screen displayed an unknown number.

"Hello?" I politely answered.

"Swan!" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Killian?" I asked.

"Aye. I've just been on the phone with Milah. I'm meeting her for dinner tonight, you can catch her then."

At first I was shocked. I thought he would call me when she was just in town, not set a date with her. I could tell she irritated him.

"Um, great." I couldn't say much more.

"We're meeting at Granny's at seven. I don't think she suspects a thing, she's very excited." I could practically see that smirk on his face.

"Great! I'll be there too, look for me when you come in and try to get a table near me." I asked of him.

"You got it. Best of luck, Emma."

And with that he hung up, the memory of him saying my name in that sinfully delightful British accent of his. I shook me head.

Get it together, Emma! He's helping you catch a perp, and then you'll go your separate ways! I scolded myself.

But that accent was so damn hot.

The rest of my day was spent already gathering information on my next catch, I liked to get a head start.

Five finally arrived and I headed home to change into something a little more appropriate, as to not arise suspicion. I denied it over and over in my head that I was dressing to impress Killian.

At 6:45 I left for Granny's and arrived at about 6:55, perfect timing. I sat down and observed Killian walking in, he searched the room and nodded at me, sitting just a few tables away. I took out my cuffs and got ready.