Chapter 59:

Killian POV:

This was the second time I had been in the back of an ambulance with Emma. I hoped this would be the end of this entire mess. No more associates of Gold, no more attempted murders and kidnapping.

As soon as she was in, they started an IV to flush the drugs out. She kept groaning, looking for me. I just held her hand and talked to her every time she asked for me, while also talking to the paramedics about her condition.

She could be worse, they said. I guess they had seen worse, but this was absolutely tragic to me. She was my wife, the mother of my children.

Once we got to the hospital, I was allowed to stay by her while they examined her. Then she was taken away for X-rays, during which I was told to wait in her room for them to bring her back.

About fifteen minutes later, a doctor approached me. He shook my hand and introduced himself as Emma's doctor. He checked a chart he was carrying.

"Mr. Jones, were you aware of Emma's pregnancy?" He asked me. I almost choked on air.

"What?" I gasped out.

"She's pregnant." He simply said.

"No, I-" I cut myself off. "We weren't trying or anything." Did she know? Did she not tell this man for fear that he might hurt the baby?

But maybe he had.

"Is the baby okay?" I gripped the doctor's arm.

"It's fine, at this stage, they can survive more than you think." He assured me. "She's about ten weeks and three days."

I hadn't noticed any change in her, nor was she showing. With Liam, she started to expand before ten weeks, and she had all sorts of symptoms.

"When can I see her?" I asked.

"We're bringing her back to her room soon. She doesn't appear to have any broken bones, so we're just flushing the drugs from her system and pushing fluids to help until she feels up to eating and drinking." He shook my hand again and made his way out.

I slumped into a chair. Emma was pregnant again, we would have a third child. I wondered if this would effect the baby in any way, and if it would be a girl or a boy this time.

I smiled, the doctor said the baby was fine. When Emma woke up, she would find out we were having another baby. She would be overjoyed. We had talked about more kids, and agreed that it would happen, but we didn't plan on it happening so soon. Liam was only a year old.

Liam, Henry. They deserved to see their mother, and Henry deserved the truth.

I called Regina.

"What happened? Is she okay?" She demanded as soon as she answered the phone.

"She'll be fine. She was drugged and beaten, but there's no serious damage." I said.

"Thank goodness, have you seen her?"

"Yes, they're going to bring her back soon, and when she wakes up she can eat and drink."

"I'll call Ruby, you just focus on Emma. Tell me when she wakes up and wants to see the boys, we' bring them straight there."

"Thank you, Regina." I said.

Emma was brought back to her room, and the attending nurse told me to hit the call button if she woke up. I thanked her and moved my chair over so I could hold my wife's hand and talk to her.

"Emma?" I began. "You can wake up, you're safe in a hospital. I'm here, I won't let anything else happen to you."

She remained still, obviously exhausted. I played with her fingers, with the wedding ring on her left hand. I smiled at the memory of picking it out and proposing to her, expecting her to run as far and as fast as she could.