Chapter 15:

Emma POV:

Killian was being amazing. Whatever I did to deserve him being in my life, I would never know. Before leaving Boston, I assured Henry that I would be back every week to see him. I also got a call from that lawyer, who agreed to meet with me so we could discuss my case.

The next day, that was where I was.

"So, Miss Swan," he began, "you gave Henry up when you were eighteen?"

"Correct." I replied.

"I hate to ask this, but can you explain to me why you were in jail?" He said.

"Well," I cleared my throat, "I was seventeen, not making a lot of good choices. My ex, Henry's father, had stolen some watches and wanted to sell them. He gave me one and told me to stay put while he took care of it. Then he apparently called in an anonymous tip and and I was arrested and framed for the whole thing."

"I'm terribly sorry, I do believe you. I have a knack for being able to tell when someone is lying. Besides, you seem like you've gotten your life together since then. A good job, but you do seem to have moved around a lot. And while your job does pay well, it isn't fit for raising a child. You must do quite a bit of traveling, and it can be dangerous should any of these bail jumpers decide to retaliate." He explained to me.

"So what do you suggest? If I need to change jobs I will, and I'll sign a long term lease for a bigger apartment. I just want my son." I asked of him.

"Well, moving to a bigger home is a start. As for your job, do you particularly like working with law enforcement?" He questioned.

"I've never done anything else." I said.

"How about something a little safer and more stable. Prison guard, police officer, probation officer?"

"Actually, I've always been curious about being a probation officer. They handle people on parole right?"

"And then some. It would be a good fit. It pays well for a couple of people such as you and your son, it's safe and stable. I can help you with some connections if you'd like, I'd say you'd be a good fit."

"Yes! I would love that! Thank you!"

"Alright then, we'll meet weekly to discuss your progress, and I'll call you if I need any more information. In the mean time, look into a new living situation."

"Yes, sir. Thank you." I shook his hand and left, feeling like I was on cloud nine.

Killian was at work right now, so I texted him instead of calling.

Killian! He's great, he seems eager to help me. He said I just need to get a job more fitting for a parent and move somewhere bigger.

It was a while before he replied, so I went home and started looking for somewhere to move to. I wrote down a few addresses and phone numbers when my phone dinged.

I told you, Emma. You're going to be great. I can help you tomorrow if you want. I have some vacation still available to me.

That would be awesome! You can stay the night if you want, and we can look in the morning.

Sounds good. See you tonight x

I started calling places and making appointments, tomorrow I would see six different apartments and houses. I wanted to buy, it was now a goal since I would have a son, but it would have to wait until I had enough for a down payment.

The next day I was up bright and early, Killian and I made some breakfast and then we were off. The first one was a two bedroom apartment, the area was nice and the complex was gated. The apartment itself was great too, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a living room, and a spacious kitchen. It also came with a porch. I told her I would consider my options at the end of the day and call her if I decided to move in.