Chapter 62:

Emma POV:

The birth of the girls was interesting to say the least. At thirty-seven weeks and three days, my water broke at four in the morning when I got up to go to the bathroom for about the hundredth time that night.

I yelled at Killian to wake up and picked up my phone to call Regina, who managed to answer on the second ring.

"Emma? Is everything okay?" She demanded.

"I know it's an ungodly hour, but my water just broke." I said as Killian scrambled to get dressed and grab our things.

"I'll be right over." And with that she hung up. We'd agreed that if I went into labor at a time like this, the boys would go on sleeping and Regina would come stay with them since she lived just a few minutes away.

Right then a contraction hit that could have knocked me on my ass. I grunted and squeezed a pillow. This definitely wasn't like the first two times, when labor came on slowly and calmly.

"Love, I've got you." Killian came over and rubbed my back through it.

I resisted the urge to yell at him. He would laugh it off anyway, but he was trying to help.

Regina arrived promptly two minutes after our phone call. I had called my doctor, while Killian put our bag in the car. He was walking me outside when she pulled up.

"They're still sleeping, Liam won't wake up for a few hours and Henry shouldn't wake up for a couple more after that." I informed her. It was a Saturday, no one had school or day care.

"Got it, go get my nieces out safely!" Regina encouraged me.

"Thank you. Killian will keep you updated."

With that, we drove to the hospital. It was about a fifteen minute drive, I had a couple of contractions on the way there and I may have almost broken Killian's hand.

Once we arrived, he ran inside and got a wheelchair for me and took me to be checked in and get a room, where I dressed in the dreaded hospital gown, had an IV placed, and a nurse checked my progress.

"About five centimeters, you're halfway there." She smiled.

She could smile all she wanted, but she wasn't the one attached to a damn pole by a needle and about to push two babies out of her body.

I tried my best not to be snappy, but my labor progressed so quickly that it was impossible.

"How are you doing?" Killian asked gently.

"My body is preparing to eject two humans, I've had better days." He grinned like an idiot.

"You'll feel better when they're out. And I'll make a run to Granny's if you want." He offered. In the back of my head I knew he was trying to be helpful, but I just wanted him to shut up as another contraction ripped through me.

I tried to hold out again, I really did, but the combination of the labor and still carrying double the weight of a normal pregnancy was too much to bear, so I asked for the epidural before the nurse could even offer it.

After that, I was in a completely different mood. I had gripped the anesthesiologist's hand and informed him that he was an angel from heaven, then told Killian I loved him and apologized for being mean.

"You get a free pass this time." He said and kissed my forehead. It was incredibly soothing.

Five long and painful hours after my water breaking, I was ready to push. The doctor came in and prepared to catch them, surrounded by nurses.