Chapter 25:

Emma POV:

The wedding date creeped up on me. One afternoon Ruby and I went shopping while Henry was at Regina's. Ruby insisted that I needed a new dress.

"This is your first date with him in months!" She said as we browsed a few racks. She knew what happened between us.

"It's not a real date, he just needs a partner for the wedding." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Emma," she said in a serious tone, "I know what he did, but even Regina and I can see he's come a long way. He's doing a lot to prove it to you. Just keep an open mind."

I sighed and went back to looking at dresses. I tried on many, a black one that Ruby said was not a good idea for a wedding, a teal one, a purple one, and finally a red one.

"That's perfect!" She almost yelled.

I turned around to look in the mirror. It hugged my body, but was not an inappropriately short length, ending just before my knees. The lining on my chest was decorated. I smiled, thinking about Killian's reaction to it.

The night finally came. School had just let out for the summer, so Regina was picking Henry up a few hours before the wedding so that I could get ready without my son asking about my date. That didn't stop her from mentioning it before they left.

"Alright Henry, we're going to have a blast tonight while your mom here goes on a date."

"Regina!" I scolded her, placing my hand to my forehead.

"That's awesome mom!" Henry turned to me. "You have to tell me how it goes!"

"I will, kid. Now have some fun but don't get crazy." I warned him before I hugged him and kissed the top of his head. Since I might be gone most of the night, I sent Frankie along too. Roland and Robin loved the giant, and I didn't have to worry about him tearing anything up.

I went back inside and took a deep breath, then turned on some music to fill the silence. The cats jumped down from their condo that Henry insisted we get them to follow into the bedroom, where they settled on the bed to watch me get ready.

"You'll have to entertain yourselves without me tonight, guys." I said to them.

I curled my hair and pinned a little back with a nice barrette, then applied my make up. I didn't go too heavy, but I added more than usual.  After finishing that task, I had fifteen minutes before Killian would pick me up. I picked out a perfect pair of shoes, some gold heels, to go with my dress. Then a poured a glass of wine, because I would need it to hold myself together that night.

Killian POV:

I showed up right on time. She answered the door and whatever I had to say was suddenly lost. Her hair was curled and cascading down her back and shoulder, she had on a red dress that made her look amazing.

"You look stunning, Swan." I blurted out.

"Killian..." She warned.

"Right, just friends." I straightened myself up and waved an arm past me to the car. She walked to it and sat inside. I got in the drivers side and got us moving.

"So where is the wedding exactly?" She asked me.

"In a lovely event center, specifically for things like weddings or galas. Elsa's parents have a lot of money and spare no expense for her or her sister." I enlightened her. "They've taken in Liam as their own, I think her father secretly wishes he could have had a son as well."

She laughed. "Boys are a joy."

"Speaking of which, how is Henry faring in the summer? He doesn't have school to keep him busy anymore."