Chapter 26:

Emma POV:

Something had come over me when that man asked us to kiss. After the weeks of starting over with Killian, I couldn't take it anymore. I missed him, I missed his kisses and the way he loved me. And to be honest, I loved the way he was working hard just to prove to me that he was doing better. He never had these angry outbursts anymore, he was a lot more patient. It sucked me right in. I held out as long as I could, but something pulled me to this man.

"Emma, are you sure you want to do this?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

He glanced around to make sure no one would miss us, and took my hand to pull me outside, where it was peaceful and quiet. The lights strung up made it beautiful.

He turned to me. "I don't want you getting into this if you're not ready."

"It's been almost two months, Killian. I've seen all the work you've done. I've watched you make this incredible transformation. You're so open to the world now." I praised him.

"You're not doing so bad yourself." He brushed a curl behind my shoulder. "Your son has made you absolutely glow all the time."

"Killian, we're finally in a place where we're both happy and content with our lives. So let's take the opportunity and go with it."

I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, eyes full of emotion. "I missed you. It killed me to be away from you, but it's made this all the better."

Then I kissed him for the third time.

Killian POV:

It was bliss, having her back in my arms like this. I held her tightly to me, afraid that this would be a dream and she would disappear at any moment.

I wanted to tell her I loved her. She knew, of course, but that didn't mean she was ready to jump back into that. I still needed to show her I would care for her in an intimate way too.

We went back inside, this time as a couple. I hardly left her side, I had constant connection with her. At one point, Elsa and Anna asked her to join them for a group dance. I kissed her cheek as she went off with the giggling girls. She could use more friends. Emma had kept herself so sheltered for so long now.

Then Liam found me.

"So, things are going well with Emma I see." He said.

"You have no idea." I replied, still watching her laugh and dance.

"Killian, you can peel your eyes off her for a minute. She's not going anywhere."

I rolled my eyes, he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"She finally let me back in."

"Aye, and don't screw it up this time." He warned me.

"I don't intend to. She's very dear to me." I admitted.

"I can see that. You treat her well, and her son too. A young lad needs to see a man being good to his mother." He said.

"I'm well aware. I've met Henry once, but I haven't seen him since he ran away and found Emma."

"There's no telling when she'll be ready to let you meet him."

"I know. I'll be prepared when she does."

The night went well after that. Emma and I danced late into it, enjoying this time together before we had to return to reality. At midnight, she declared that she was exhausted and I went to Liam to hug him and the newest members of our family before guiding Emma to the car.

"You, Elsa, and Anna seem to be getting along well." I said.

"They're great. Anna's a mom like me, and Elsa is so warm and loving. I think we'll end up being great friends now that her and Liam are married." She replied.

"That's great. The more friends, the better. Or in my case, family." I secretly hoped she could be my family too, someday.

"Henry can play with Anna's kids too, they're nine and seven. He's been a social butterfly since he came to live with me."

"You and him have that in common, you're bringing out such great qualities in each other."

She grinned at me and took my hand. We rode in a comfortable silence until we reached her house. I walked her to the front door and was prepared to kiss her good night, but she kept hold of my hand as she unlocked the door.

"Emma..." I started to say.

"No harm can come from just sleeping in the same bed. It's too lonely here with just the cats." She pulled me in.

"Remember, I ca-"

"Please, Killian." She begged of me with those bright green eyes. I couldn't resist.

"Okay." I followed her inside like a love sick puppy.

Immediately, her cats ran up to greet her.

"They act like dogs." I remarked, petting one that approached me.

"They do. They're brother and sister. That's Hansel," she pointed to a black and white one, "and that's Gretel." She said while petting a calico at her feet.

"Fitting." I complimented.

"I agree. They came into the shelter lost, but attached. The only reason I know they're siblings is because of a blood test the shelter did."

She walked back to the bedroom and I followed. She found a pair of pants that were too big on her, but perfect for me. Then she went to the bathroom to change, emerging a few minutes later in a t shirt and some terribly short shorts, a toothbrush in her mouth. I stared at her legs, she wasn't making it easy to resists her. Luckily she didn't notice my ogling and turned around to wash her mouth out. Her curls had been brushed out.

She turned off the bathroom light and pulled the covers back, inviting me to lay down with her. When I did, Hansel and Gretel hopped up as well.

"Sorry." She said. "That's usually their side of the bed."

"They're welcome to stay." I petted Hansel.

Emma smiled adoringly at me as she petted him too. Gretel settled in at her feet. She reached over and turned off the light, leaving us in darkness except for the moonlight coming in through the window.

"Emma?" I called after a few minutes. No answer. I leaned over her and placed a hand on her arm. She was fast asleep. She must have been really tired. I settled in again. I didn't want to get too close to her in case she got uncomfortable. To my surprise she rolled over and laid her had on my chest and draped an arm over me. I touched my hand to her cheek and stroked a little, smiling to myself. I thanked my lucky stars that she was here with me again, and fell into s peaceful sleep.