Chapter 51:

Killian POV:

Emma lit up like a child. She didn't have much growing up, and she certainly didn't do much with any of the foster parents she lived with. So to see her get so much joy out of Disney World meant everything to me. The fact that she finally had more than she ever dreamed she could broke my heart and made me happy all at the same time. Having a family and people who love you shouldn't be such a delicacy to anyone. At least I had my brother when I was growing up.

When we got home we were both worn out, Regina kept Henry for one more night so we could settle in. After that it was back to work as normal, only Emma's last name was now Jones.

Three days after we got home, Emma was caught up at work and asked me to pick up Henry. I took the boy to the park, where he cornered me with a question I never expected.

"Why can't I have your last name too?" He spat out.

I nearly choked on the water I was drinking.

"Because when your mother took custody of you, you gained hers." I gave the simple answer.

"But when she married you, she changed her last name to Jones right?"

"That's right."

"And the baby's last name will be Jones too."

I nodded. "Where are you going with this Henry?"

"Well, I want to have your last name too." He shyly admitted.

"Oh, well, I think it's possible, but I would have to talk to your mother about it first." I said.

"Okay." He perked up, then took off to play.

I shook my head. This boy surprised me every day.

Emma let me know when she would be home, so Henry and I left with enough time to barely beat her home, and picked up dinner so neither of us would have to cook. After Henry went to bed, I brought up the talk I'd had with him earlier.

"Emma, Henry asked me a surprising question earlier. Brace yourself." I warned her. She raised her eyebrows, indicating for me to go on.

"He wants my last name, just like you and the baby will have." I explained.

"Oh!" She was just as shocked as I am. "Well, um, that would require adopting him. And that is something completely between the two of you."

"Emma, I don't want to take the place of Neal. I respect that he was Henry's biological father, if you or Henry aren't comfortable-"

"Killian, Neal entrusted you with taking care of Henry."

"And you, my love." I stepped forward and kissed her, touching her cheek.

"And me." She blushed. "Neal will always be Henry's father. But if this is what Henry wants, and you are comfortable, I'll have it taken care of."

"You're certain?" I took her hand.

"Absolutely." She squeezed assuringly.

"Okay, then tomorrow we'll sit Henry down and talk about it."

Emma POV:

And here I thought I was done being surprised. I didn't know if Henry wanted Killian's last name to be like the rest of his family, or because he saw Killian as a father. I'd have to make sure he knew that he didn't need to share a last name with us to be our son. He fit in perfectly, although I could definitely understand the want to be included in a family so completely.

The next day after school, I was driving home with Henry. I took a deep breath and started things off.

"Killian says you talked to him about changing your last name." I cautiously said.